Great weekend trip

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv2fish

Reaction score
This weekend a buddy and I spent fishing the area around Oyster Virginia. Our target was flounder and we caught a few. The highlight of the trip was while drift fishing for flounder and had a hard hit. After 45 minutes with a light spinning rod (and a boat chasing the fish to keep from getting spooled) this is what appeared.

That was the highlight of the trip. The lowlight was while doing some "exploring" I was running through a channel that showed 25 feet of water on the chart. All of a sudden the boat comes to an abrupt stop and we're sitting pretty much high and dry.

I felt pretty bad but after a couple of hours of incoming tide we were able to get off under our own power. The next day we were fishing in that area and a Virginia Fish and Game boat ran up on the same area at a much higher speed. We went to check on him and he was fine. He said it was not uncommon for the channels to shift significantly in that area and it was "normal". He also waited out until high tide and was back to work.

Spent Monday and Tuesday fishing some off shore wrecks and caught a myriad of fish including gray trout, sea bass, skates, flounder, bluefish and assorted other bottom fish. Weather was great, seas were calm and it was just a great time. I had not fished this area in the past but will make it a yearly trip in the future.

Steve

Attachments

• Big Striper.jpg
    Big Striper.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Boat Grounding.jpg
    Boat Grounding.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 186

Latest posts

Back