Hard time fueling boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markman03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Recently I am having a hard time fueling my boat. The vent must be dirty. Has anyone changed the fill and vent lines on a 2110? I am going to pick up a vent and lines tomorrow. I hope it will a quick job. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a 2110 as well (2001 model). It was always very, very slow to fill from the time it was new.

I took apart the flame arrestor on the vent and found the screen totally clogged over with salt. Cleaned it up and it has been taking gas as fast as any pump can put it out for at least the last 5 years. MAJOR improvement! I believe this was a Perko vent.

You may need new lines due to the age of the boat, but if you don't want to replace them now, try checking the condition of the flame arrestor.

Fueling boat in the fishing section? You will have better luck in the projects section....although we do look at them all

I just unscrewed the black cap on the end of vent (on the outside of the hull) and could see it crudded over. May have to remove it to clean it depending on how bad it is, but you can see whether it is clogged while in place.

Back