Has anyone added a tackle center / drawers to a console?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Double Hall

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to add some tackle storage to my new 21 SE, and looking at some storage solutions from Boat Outfitters. Has anyone added something like this to their console? Any recs or regrets?

I do fly and lure fishing, so I'd love plano boxes for lures, and some generic drawers for tools and misc junk. Flies will live in a fly box.

Looking at something like this, though final dimensions TBD. Pretending to overlook the pricing on these. OUCH
https://www.boatoutfitters.com/tackle-s ... wer-7-tray

Attachments

• tackle-stora-geunit-2-drawer-7-tray.jpg
    tackle-stora-geunit-2-drawer-7-tray.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 238
Antidote":n8lu0c1d said:
I made a shelf and added drawers under side ways facing rear seat. I showed it on THT. The drawers I installed were a direct fit from Deep Blue Marine.
https://www.deepbluemarine.com/products ... ductID=535

You can see both in the picture (along with my feet) here...

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-fo ... 520-a.html

Both work very well.

Thanks for sharing. I recall you posting pictures about the box holder you made (which maybe I can rig inside the console), but the drawers look great and factory as well. Was there nothing in that space before? Looks like a straight forward install after you muster up the courage to cut into the boat.

I had a door in the pedestal. I removed the door and placed the drawer set in. I also had to add a leg to the back of the drawer set, per the instructions, to support the weight.

The thing I don't like about any of the Plano box storage units is the waste of space. Each space is designed for a certain height for each box, and then they add a 1/2 inch spacer/holder for each one. I like to use a variety of plano boxes, including the low profile ones, that are only about an inch thick, up to the 3" open boxes.
I made a storage center under my Glacier Bay leaning post, that I sold about 12 years ago, at least. The spacing worked out where I could get 3 sections, putting the boxes in with the end showing. I put 2 shelves in the outside sections, and left the center open. I could stack a variety of any size boxes in smaller groups, to keep the weight down in each group. Any time I bought a new box after that, and to this day, I leave the plastic tab on the end, that they hang from on the peg in the store. I could snatch one out by that tab, and the other 2 or 3 would just drop down. It held 32 standard size 3700 boxes.
Still in my gallery on THT, maybe the link will work.
(Had to remove link, it gave access to my account because I am logged in to THT)

The dimensions of the one I made allow for various 3700 Plano boxes. I have used a combination of 1" and 2" deep boxes.

The dimensions of the one I made allows for various 3700 Plano boxes. I have used a combination of 1" and 2" deep boxes.

There is always this. Very cheap, fits 8 full size planos, and uses space that would normally lay empty. I've made a larger one than this to replace this one.
e37906d95a6076dd3d4b6f07a1cbb464.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back