Has anyone ever painted the deck of their Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to have non skid on my deck. I looked at the link to warthog5. Looked good. Searched the mako site for any input on his project. Seems he is going to cover over the durbak with something else because the durabak stays tacky and if you leave something on it for a couple of days it sticks to it. If it was a piece of paper it would shred on removal.

Captbone, How do like the Interlux and awlgrip combo? How long have you had it on?

That is the front deck of my 1967ft Bertram with single 225hp Outboard. 39mph top end with a 25mph cruise. This winter I am finishing it.

I have had the nonskid on the boat for about almost a 9 months now. I like the ease working with Interlux Perfection. It is much more durable than a one part paint. I find it comparable to Awlgrip.

I used Awlgrip Griptex Coarse. I love it. The granuals (sp) are the perfect size. I just painted the deck then sprinkled the griptex on top of the wet paint. I let it dry, brushed off the excess and then put a thin coat of the same paint over it. Came out real nice.

Painted decks are more difficult to keep clean though.

Just my 2 cents.

bertamcan2.jpg

B-Faithful":11y6h6og said:
if you add sand to the paint it doesnt become slick...

Don't use Sand. After the paint wears a little the sand will show as little Black dots like you sprinkled pepper on the deck. Use a Nonskid additive like Awlgrip Griptex. Don't use the course only. It will be like Rocks on the deck.
Some folks will mix 75% Fine to 25% course. This stuff is translucent.

There is another additive available at Lowes. It is put out by Rustolum. I have used it and it's a nice product too. It is a Fine courseness. It's pretty cheap and easily available to most folks.

jdbic":22ggjvjh said:
I need to have non skid on my deck. I looked at the link to warthog5. Looked good. Searched the mako site for any input on his project. Seems he is going to cover over the durbak with something else because the durabak stays tacky and if you leave something on it for a couple of days it sticks to it. If it was a piece of paper it would shred on removal.

Captbone, How do like the Interlux and awlgrip combo? How long have you had it on?

I got a bad batch. 3gal's worth. :( Durabak replaced the product, but no labor or other materials. :(

I did roll 2 coats of Awlgrip on the cockpit deck on top of the Durabak.

the areas not topcoated are a bitch to clean. I've used everything I can think of and they still will not come clean to my satisfaction. :(

Would I use the product again? No. To much work to gamble on.

He you can sorta see the stains that will not come up.

Finished003.jpg

I painted the deck of my 1990 2 years ago with a two part epoxy called Perfection

Just for the record that is a Urethane not a epoxy.

Back