hatch in cockpit, 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attached a couple of pics of the compartment (fish/ice hold) that I am talking about. For reference, I placed a 12 inch ruler on the bottom of the well which gives you a good idea how large it actually is. Installed directly in the center is the brass drain. The well is about 2 ft deep

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 257
That's a lot nicer than mikes, so there is no way the valve can fail because it will only fill up the box.

except mine doesn't fill with water :shock:

Would be nice to have the box bigger since its already there

If there is always water running up until the plug what happens if you blow that fill hose??? That scares me

There is no hose, the fitting goes right out the bottom of the boat, just like the plug on the transom.

Only difference is the plug is not threaded, only a pressure fit. And, the deck is higher than the waterline.

ahhh i see now, that is pretty cool!

At least is serves a purpose mine really doesn't other then storage for dock lines etc, im not putting fish in there seeing it drains into the bilge, but thats what the transom fish hold is for

I asked this before and never got a answer but I think I was not clear, on the shallower fish boxes on the lip you see a drain that goes out the hull on the starboard side, how do you access that hose and fitting?

I have an access hole right in front of the shallow fish hold see below in the picture, pop that and i cant get to the hose and fitting

Attachments

• deck tank2.JPG
    deck tank2.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 56
yes, I have that same inspection hatch that you have and yes, I can access the "lip" drain and hose that dumps over the side on the starboard side. But I have no access to the bottom of the hatch compartment as the drain is smack dap in the middle of the hold and there is no space between the drain and the bottom of the boat. I hope I am describing this correctly so you can understand my set up, but it's a little difficult.

miky2884":2kshtmff said:
I have an access hole right in front of the shallow fish hold see below in the picture, pop that and i cant get to the hose and fitting
But how do you get to where hose meets the thru hull? I have no access to the thru hull without cutting deck, or am I missing something here?

Oh sorry i misunderstood you

In my pilot house right behind the helm seat there is an access panel that unscrews which allows me access the the through hull and down the inside of the hull, i will take a pic this afternoon and post, but look there the panel is sealed also so after removing the screws remove the panel gently(that's if yours is set up the same way)

Ok sir, I will wait for the pics. I looked this morning and I am unable to locate the access panel you are refering to. Thanks

I honestly think that this drain fitting was installed when the boat was being manufactured, much like the fuel tank, and there is no accessing it unless you cut the fiberglass near the drain in the bottom of the hold. It sounds as if this was a modification Parker did but only on a few boats before they realized it was a bad design.

The access panel Milky's talking about is for the thru hull for the drain on the LIP. The drain on the bottom of your hold looks like it goes out the bottom. Parker glassed in a false botton to smooth out the V. Best use for this space is wet storage like rode, fenders, ect. Using it as a cooleer would work but it is not insulated.

Back