Have arrived in Virginia

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielb

Reaction score
Well after a year and 4 mos. finally moved into Chesapeake, Va. zip is 23322

Anyone in the area who is willing to connect please contact me so I can start my education on this nice state.

As I have stated before the boat is in the high dry two miles away and when I was down here 3 mos. ago it started right up.
I have to clean it and restock it etc.

This is my first time in a high dry, am used to a wet slip but it is very convenient and at the time moving the boat down was a must and they are nice people at the high dry.

Matter a fact there are very nice folks here in VA, very different from NYC. Culture shock is large. Folks smile and say hello all the time and are very helpful in many ways. I could go on and on but it is a welcome change.

you can send me PMs or my e-mail address is [email protected] or use the board here, whatever.
When I initially announced the paln to move I got some great contacts and advice from fellow members and I look forward to more, I learned alot and I have many Q's too.

thanks

Well so much for the warm welcome to Virginia:) I did not bring the Earthquake from NY nor the Hurricane either:)
Did everyone leave town or is busy trying to find "D" batteries like me.

By the way Megabyte the genset you got at home is interesting, could you share an approx price, I would lile to install a similiar product.

danielb":sks223fh said:
By the way Megabyte the genset you got at home is interesting, could you share an approx price, I would lile to install a similiar product.

Aprox $6,000 for the unit, shipping, and installation by the gas man and licensed electrician.
Not bad for a 20kw unit with an automatic transfer switch.

BTW - Welcome to the Chesapeake! :)

welcome, enjoy the Chesapeake, but not this weekend, I think we'll all get a little more Chesapeake than we would like.

Megabyte, that is very reasonable and I am going to research it down here for the near future, by the way there is a boat in the high dry named Megabyte.

Talbot guy, thanks, yeah this weekend was different, no power outages, house it tight and strong and the street had 15 inches of water, if it stays we might body surf tomorrow. Did not see any fish in the street though, hoping for some fly fishing in front of the house:)

Neighbors are wonderful and all cooperate and look out for each other.
We are very glad to have moved to such a nice place for us and our grandson.

Back