Have you ever seen a 2120 SC with an engine bracket?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppem45

Reaction score
I jist finished the installation of an engine bracket on my 2120 Sport Cabin and would like to share the pictures with everyone. I can't wait to get the engine on and try her out.

Attachments

• Retro-Fit 3.jpg
    Retro-Fit 3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,013
  • PARKER 004 (640x480).jpg
    PARKER 004 (640x480).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2,013
I will not be putting the engine on until February, I will be sure to let you know how it handles.

Now that is something that I'm TOTALLY intrested in.
Not only did you close the transom,but provided a nice swimstep,and is that a storage area on the inside of transom,or a bait tank.
I have a new 08 2120 SC,and the only thing I dont like is there arent any fish boxes anywhere in the boat.You may have solved that for me.
I dive alot off my boat here in the Northern Channel Islands,and a closed transom would be great peace of mind in a following sea when it's blowing 20-30 :shock: .Also having a swimstep helps get the diver,and gear in the boat easier.
Let me know how this turns out for you,and how the boat handles when you get her back out.Hopefully she rides like a 23'ter now!!
Excellent work! Outstanding! 8)
MJ.

For anyone interested how we did this transformation go to the Projects Forum and check out the Thread named, 2003 Parker 2120 Sport Cabin Retro-Fit "New Photos".

[Edit by Dale] Here they are, click here.

Very nice work!!! :)

Did you give any thought to removing the aft boxes? That would have really opened up the cockpit.

The thought did cross my mind but I would have to move the batteries and it would limit seating in the cockpit to none, and I would still be without a livewell. The room I gained by doing what I did is ample and is also about what you would have if you purchased a 2320 with the engine on the transom. You don't even want to know what the cost was just to do this much, the bracket alone was $2216.00. My main concern was to stop the following seas from coming over the transom and I didn't like the wall they put in there because it takes up too much room. I also added the second station so I can be outside and it makes it easier to go out in the boat alone because you are there to grab lines etc.

It might not have been as bad as you think.

If I were doing that project, I would have built a whole new transom cap much like the current bracketed 23/25 series with storage underneath and one or two large fish or bait wells. Batteries could be kept in the same locations and seating could be accomplished with a fold down bench.

Of coures, that would have ramped the cost up even more. :)

Again, great job!!! :D

Also, if you have them, can you post the decontruction and construction photos? I'd love to see how you went about filling the notch and building the new cap/livewell.

gw204":2tgmj675 said:
Also, if you have them, can you post the decontruction and construction photos? I'd love to see how you went about filling the notch and building the new cap/livewell.
I second this request,and if you dont mind posting it up,the total cost of job.You can always PM me this info,that is again if you don't mind.
I'm VERY interested on how this works out for you.I have a 32gal bait tank in the middle of my cockpit area,and I stuff the boat full of dive gear so it's already pretty heavy in the back end,plus I'd like to stick a kicker on the back so I dont want to get too crazy w/the weight issue. :shock:
The work looks very clean,too bad you have to wait for spring to drop her in.
Thanks for any info you can give me on this project.I'm already saving my pennies,but I think I'd better bump it up to quarters.
MJ.

That was an awesome job you did there!!!very very sweet how that came out!!! I bet the # will be pretty good with that!!!

In time I have no idea of how many hours we have in the transformation of the boat. As far as dollars, here is an idea of the materials cost
1, Armstrong Bracket $2218.00 (including shipping)
2. Fiberglass Around $300.00
3. Superboard $140.00
4. Bolt Package for bracket, $80.00
5. Ladder ? around $95.00 I think
6. Paint and awlgrip $210.00
7. Rubrail was donated by Parker Boats
8. Marine body filler about ?=$100.00
9 Casual Labor was about $500.00
10 Engine reemoval and storage was about $200.00
11. Second Station $200.00 because it had some damage which had to be repaired
12. Replace controls inside and an ouside set and replace Helm inside and add outside Helm with all the electrical harness, guages, emergency stop and other assorted goodies ran about another $1800.00

I would have to say that I have about $6000.00 in the job and a lot of physical and mental labor. I had to think about whether to do this or not but after this summer I just got tired of getting my feet wet and wanted more deck space and a drier boat. I had only paid $26,000 for the boat so I could afford to put some money into it.

I think for me it made sense to do this transformation but had I paid the true value of the boat I would have second thoughts. I just didn't want any payments so I went with an older boat, a 2003

Hey thanks for all the info.
Of course I'm paying a fullstoke for my boat right now.I thought about buying used,but I'd been there done that 4 times earlier,so I went what the heck,and went for new.I like the idea of all the beating I put on it,that I was the first to do so.
I truely hope this works for you,I agree w/you,and the cost/benefit doesn't at this time work for me,and my situation.
If the economy gets better,and the side work comes some more,LOOK OUT!!.
Keep us all posted when you drop her in.
The work,and craftsmenship look second to none.
Thanks again for all your input.
MJ.

Back