Hello 2530 ext cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Ray. I just purchased my new to me 2015 2530 ext cabin. I am located in Olympia, WA. After a few months of shopping boats, finally became a parker owner.

I am looking to see other 2530 fishing configurations in this group to prepare my boat for bottom fishing charter. I plan on adding rod rocket launchers, 2nd station, and livewell.

Thank you for accepting me to this parker group

Attachments

• IMG_6147.jpeg
    IMG_6147.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6341.jpeg
    IMG_6341.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Welcome Ray! You have one of the nicest boats Parker has ever made- the 2530s remain in high demand across the market. The combination of cockpit space and pilothouse storage/seating is in my (admittedly biased) opinion the perfect balance.

I’ll see if I can dig up some photos of my installations for you. Is there anything in particular you’re looking for?

Hello everyone, my name is Ray. I just purchased my new to me 2015 2530 ext cabin. I am located in Olympia, WA. After a few months of shopping boats, finally became a parker owner.

I am looking to see other 2530 fishing configurations in this group to prepare my boat for bottom fishing charter. I plan on adding rod rocket launchers, 2nd station, and livewell.

Thank you for accepting me to this parker group
Hi Ray, Welcome to ClassicParker!... You found one of the most desirable, and rare Parkers models. Congrats on your new-to-you boat!

Welcome Ray.

I do not have a livewelll, 2nd station, but have the rocket launchers. Have not bottom fished in a bit but depending on wind and more some times I thought of a sea anchor or similar....

Ray. goofy question, what do you have loaded in the boat? Seems to me to be squatting in the water.

Thank you for the welcome notes. I do have garmin electronics chart/sonar , radar and vhf. Have 2GM650 burnewiin mounts which I can use to mount my diwn riggers for salmon trolling. Kitchen /sink galley, dinette covertable to bench that sits 3-4 people. And all standard toilet,bilge pump,macerator, shore power.

I plan to add:
-rod rocket launcher probably 12-18x rods for bottom fishing and salmon.
-Livewell to keep sand dabs bait for lingcods and halibut
-2nd station to control steering for the main and kicker linked (300 hp and 9.9hp) power and steering for the kicker
-plan on adding wallas diesel heater

I am still getting familiarized on the schematic and diagrams of all my wirings and plumbing.

I also plan on re-wiring my 3x batteries to 1 house and 2 starting or vice versa since all 3 batteries are parallel connected.

Any helped and assistance is greatly appreciated. I can be reached by phone three six zero-951-0882 or facetime. Thank you again
PS. My fishing trips are mainly for veterans and active duty and their families and friends. Located here near Joint Base Lewis McChord in WA.

Thank you for the welcome notes. I do have garmin electronics chart/sonar , radar and vhf. Have 2GM650 burnewiin mounts which I can use to mount my diwn riggers for salmon trolling. Kitchen /sink galley, dinette covertable to bench that sits 3-4 people. And all standard toilet,bilge pump,macerator, shore power.

I plan to add:
-rod rocket launcher probably 12-18x rods for bottom fishing and salmon.
-Livewell to keep sand dabs bait for lingcods and halibut
-2nd station to control steering for the main and kicker linked (300 hp and 9.9hp) power and steering for the kicker
-plan on adding wallas diesel heater

I am still getting familiarized on the schematic and diagrams of all my wirings and plumbing.

I also plan on re-wiring my 3x batteries since they are all

Welcome Ray! You have one of the nicest boats Parker has ever made- the 2530s remain in high demand across the market. The combination of cockpit space and pilothouse storage/seating is in my (admittedly biased) opinion the perfect balance.

I’ll see if I can dig up some photos of my installations for you. Is there anything in particular you’re looking for?
Thank you. Anything that may help is greatly appreciated

Hey Captain, that's a lot of changes on a 25' boat. Leave room for vets.
Only thing that’s not factory and would take up extra space is the livewell.

@captainlakay, I’ll see if I can dig up a picture of my livewell setup. I have a 32gal oval Kodiak well that sits on my port side, just aft of the step up to go around the pilothouse. It fills from a pump in the bilge with the hose running up through the transom compartment and then forward under the port covering board, and it discharges through a 1.5” thru-hull directly through the side of the boat just above deck level. The advantage here is that it’s removable- I can just disconnect the fill hose, pull the discharge hose off the hose barb for the thru-hull, and take the livewell off the boat for more cockpit space.

When full, it does give the boat a couple degrees list to port, which can be countered by moving a cooler or some gear to stbd.

Hello Pellagic, its that time to start prepping the 2530 for the upcoming halibut and lingcod/rockfish season here in WA. Do you have a photo of the livewell set up? I am thinking of installing a livewell on the deck, transom or swim step. any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Back