Hello from Chicago (and Oregon)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WP

Reaction score
Hello all! I am living in Chicago but am a recent transplant from Oregon. Currently do not have a boat :( :( I will buy my next boat (I am certainly thinking Parker!) when I return to Oregon in 2010. I sadly sold my last boat when I left Oregon last year. I primarily fished the ocean for albacore, halibut, salmon and bottom fish. I miss the ocean, and my boat a ton :( :( I have started my due diligence early as my prior boats have been aluminum but this time I would like a hard core salty glass rig, besides the shopping is almost as much fun as the using! :)
This site has already been a blessing and a fountain of information. Thanks for being available and informative. Tight lines and fair winds, Dave Starratt (WP)

Welcome to CP.

You will find a mountain of info here...especially in the projects forum.

One thing I've noticed here on the Ches. Bay, is that the Parkers are the first on the water in the spring (often as early as Mar), and the last off the water (into Dec). As other folks leave the water in Sep/Oct, a lot of Parkers remain active. Alot of them seem to be owned by hardcore fishermen. A significant percentage of the professional guides here use Parkers. Says a lot about the boat.

Dave

aka

I'm just getting on the water now in Nov. and won't stop until the ramps freeze! Then I hit it again until the end of April. At that time she comes out for good until late the next fall. I hate hot weather. Thank goodness I have to work straight through it!

Be sure to test ride the models you are interested in because there is a great difference between ride quality, ergonomics, etc. between the various models of Parkers. Be sure to check out the competition carefully for quality construction and fit and finish. Some of the details really make a difference once you become responsible for maintenance and cleaning. I kept coming back to Parker for a variety of reasons, chief among them was seaworthiness and resale value. I have found the user network here to be of invaluable help as well.

Welcome aboard ClassicParker Dave!

Say... doesn't Chicago have fishable waters too? :)

Back