Hello, my name is Darrell. I just picked up a 2022 Parker 25SE back in May. So far I really like it. I still have a lot to learn about the boat.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to operate a windless anchor better. When I hit the switch to deploy the anchor, my daughter has to push the anchor and feed the line out a little before it will continue to go out on it's own.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to operate a windless anchor better. When I hit the switch to deploy the anchor, my daughter has to push the anchor and feed the line out a little before it will continue to go out on it's own.
Hi Darrell, there's been some discussion about this issue here at CP, and the CP folks here have posted a number of solutions. Having the need to send someone forward to push the anchor off the roller, defeats the purpose of having a windlass in the first place! ☺
We also had the same issue on our 2520 with the Lewmar anchor and the Lewmar Profish 700 windlass. We solved our problem by replacing the 1/2" bolt on the anchor-roller. (Our roller was not rolling, as the original bolt was too short, so it was tightened to point it would not roll)...Check and see if your anchor roller spins freely. If not, and your bolt is long enough, just loosen the bolt a little. If the bolt is too short, replace it like I've shown in the video below... Here's a couple videos with how simple ours was to fix...
Here's the links;

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Darrell, glad to have you here. By chance can you share a pic or two of your boat?

Hi Darrell, there's been some discussion about this issue here at CP, and the CP folks here have posted a number of solutions. Having the need to send someone forward to push the anchor off the roller, defeats the purpose of having a windlass in the first place! ☺
We also had the same issue on our 2520 with the Lewmar anchor and the Lewmar Profish 700 windlass. We solved our problem by replacing the 1/2" bolt on the anchor-roller. (Our roller was not rolling, as the original bolt was too short, so it was tightened to point it would not roll)...Check and see if your anchor roller spins freely. If not, and your bolt is long enough, just loosen the bolt a little. If the bolt is too short, replace it like I've shown in the video below... Here's a couple videos with how simple ours was to fix...
Here's the links;

Thank, I will try the longer bolt this weekend

I see salty hull cleaning products as a sponsor on this website. Has anyone ever used this product and if so, what do you think?

Thank, I will try the longer bolt this weekend
There is no need to try the longer bolt until you see if your roller is, or is not freely rolling. With the anchor, rode, and chain lifted, and/or removed from the roller, spin it. It should actually spin fast and free just 'flicking' it with your fingers. If not, check and see if you have enough length on the existing bolt to just loosen the Ny-loc nut a little. Also, remove the existing bolt and add a small amount of marine-grade grease to the bolt and inside the roller.... If, like me, you need to replace the bolt, add the S/S washers as I did in the video, and lightly grease all the parts.

That was super helpful Andy. I never once realized that was the fix on my old 2320. I like many just always walked up there and kicked it over 😂

Back