Helm seat bushing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VaJim

Reaction score
Found that the bushing I bought for my 1996 2520 helm seat did not fit. Bought the Springfield bushing because that's what is on the foot rest for 2 7/8".
So I think it maybe it's for a Todd mfg. slider. But want to be sure as their site shows a different style. Guess maybe upgraded?
Any idea on getting the correct bushing? Thanks for any help.
This old style pushes a plate against the bushing/post vs. squeezing the post like the newer version.
d09173d1c19a3b2cd69fee5afebff190.jpg
d697607f9037baf662a565cac4a9e84b.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Most important pic didn't show. Trying again to send...
8f85cbd3e3e5110f2d44f1e62714a93e.jpg
87ebc4377377a42f1f4259fdd1268e79.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Brent":3r6st0iw said:
do you use the Search tool?

B2

Did use the search tool but nothing showed my style of spider. And I already screwed up on the wrong bushing from Springfield, so that's why I asked to see if others had any luck. Thanks-Jim

don't know if this will help. when the bushing on my helm seat wore out, I measured the inside spider diameter, and cut a disc of starboard to that exact size. inserted it with blue waterproof grease between it and the pedestal tube and reinstalled the seat. that was probably 10 or more years ago and still working. The 1/2 inch thickness of the disc didn't make a discernible difference.

Brent":2e88v67y said:
Did you measure the pedestal post diameter ?

Yes post diameter is 2 7/8". Think I'll call Todd marine to verify fitment. Thanks again, Jim

R & R":3ih3u6x7 said:
don't know if this will help. when the bushing on my helm seat wore out, I measured the inside spider diameter, and cut a disc of starboard to that exact size. inserted it with blue waterproof grease between it and the pedestal tube and reinstalled the seat. that was probably 10 or more years ago and still working. The 1/2 inch thickness of the disc didn't make a discernible difference.

Thanks for the info. My only issue it the current post is rather worn out around the post from previous owner may have to cut that worn part off first. Amazing how this owner took care or maybe careless of his boat. But I got a good deal and am still happy with the boat. Just needs things fixed to be good again.

Finally solved my replacement helm seat bushing issue. Tried Springfield as that is what the step has molded into it, no luck! Tried Garmin as that is what it resembled on the website pics, no luck. Bit the bullet and bought a Wise slider/spider assembly and now like new! Had to drill a hole in the pedestal for the front lock in place to work. Nice to have that feature. Seems to be of good quality. So I have a Todd seat, Wise slider/spider, assuming a Springfield pedestal and a Springfield foot step. Always fun to hunt down parts on a previously owned 1996 boat... :D

Back