Help Needed - Spring clips for window screens

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara F

Reaction score
Any ideas on where/how I can obtain the metal spring clips for my 2007 21' SC. I tried my local dealer and 4 other Parker dealers within 100+ miles from me and I am being tod that they have been discontinued. The replacements, I am told are plastic. I bought 8 of them at $5.00(ea) but unfortunately they do not seem to work. I was told to drill a new 1/8" hole, which I did; however, there isn't enough room or play in the replacement clips to get the screen back into the track. Anyone have any ideas? I did speak to Drew at Parker and he told me the Windows were manufactured by TaylorMade. I contacted them and no luck. They too say discontinued. I can't believe that they don't have any viable solutions or recommendations. I can't be the only one experiencing this issue. Any ideas? Frustrated in New Jersey!

Phil I replaced mine on the 2120 by drilling the 1/8" hole and did not have any problems. Take a pic and let's see what you are having trouble with?

Hance and Smythe had some of those clips last year hanging on the wall. Give them a call and see if they still have any.

I removed those screens when I first bought my boat.
With drop curtains and an open back, screens in my side windows seemed pointless. :)

I would try and get the generic plastic replacements to work properly. Those aluminum clips corroded fairly quick.
If my memory serves me correct I did something else besides just drilling the 1/8" hole but can't recall. Worked perfectly till I sold boat.

All yes, I tried Cecil they do not have the metal clips any longer. They sold me the plastic clips and I drilled the 1/8" hole, but the screens would not go back in the track with the replacement plastic clips. There did not seem to be enough room to get the screen back into the track with the replacement clips. I'll give Hance & Smythe. Until then if anyone has any suggestions on using the replacement clips I would appreciate it.

All yes, I tried Cecil they do not have the metal clips any longer. They sold me the plastic clips and I drilled the 1/8" hole, but the screens would not go back in the track with the replacement plastic clips. There did not seem to be enough room to get the screen back into the track with the replacement clips. I'll give Hance & Smythe. Until then if anyone has any suggestions on using the replacement clips I would appreciate it.
Haha I know this is way old but did you ever find a solution? I need two metal spring clips too 🙂🙃

Back