Help Select and Rig a 23DVCC, Part II.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Hobeau.

I'm holding off a decision for a few more weeks, and maybe into January, when I'll have to pull the trigger. But I've almost finished my research. Robin Parker sent me the performance numbers for twin 150s, and I've been calcualting the costs w/ options (rear folding bench seat, hard t-top, electronics box, PFD bag, extra rod holders, leaning post vs. seats, etc.). The good news is that I squeaked in on the waiting list, and managed to get a slip for next year at a marina right near my house.

So now I need a boat to put in it. It comes down to either a new 23DVCC, a used 23DVCC (viewable on the site for Don's Marine) or a new 25DVCC. It's been an interesting bit of research. For a week I was changing my mind every night -- deciding which boat was the best for me. Lately I've realized that if I am tempted by all three after doing so much homework, then all three must be a pretty close fit, and whichever boat I ultimately select, I'll be lucky to be out on the water fishing from it with my kids.

Thanks for the thoughts about your 2501. One question -- FishFactory, in an earlier post, said the 9.5 foot beam might slam a little. Have you noticed that? I haven't heard many complaints about that with the 25DVSC owners, which is the same hull (I think), but would be interested in your opinion about the ride.

Chris

Yes, the 25DV CC, W/A, and cabin boat all have the same hull. All hulls pound or slam as water gets rougher. The rule of thumb when comparing two hulls of the same deadrise, the narrower hull will ride smoother in rougher seas.

If your dealer has both 23 and 25, why not try out on a rough water day?

Back