Here's an odd one

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either they want a few more mph or looking to run in the skinny water..

(another possibility is to run a rooster tail :lol: )

Naive one here.

The odd thing being that outboard bracket? What are the pros/cons of that?
Being in the market for a 21 or 23 SE, that one looks like a pretty reasonable price. Unfortunately FL is a long hike from MA.

"rooster tail" ? :lol: Tired of gettin sprayed by jetskis?

The bracket is the cheap part. Whadda you think it costs to close in the transom in a workmanlike manner? The dealer ignores this custom work, for some reason. :?

FishFactory":142mx0tf said:
The bracket is the cheap part. Whadda you think it costs to close in the transom in a workmanlike manner? The dealer ignores this custom work, for some reason. :?

Yeah.. the bracket is 800 or so - the closed transom on a 23SE - I have never seen that. I wonder if Parker sold it that way or it was a custom job after the fact...

Hmmm

Oh and did anyone notice the slick accon 209 pop up cleats?

I think it was custom after the fact. Look at the pics. See the metal clips that cover the rub-rail joints on transom? Hard to tell, looks like they extended the deck cap across stern (as they should have).

Who knows :?

I've seen that quite often on FL boats. I think that setup is so the main engine can be used to manuever in skinny water.

Pretty slick if you ask me. :)

Your right GW I bought my 23PH from Big Bend Marine,The water is allot
Shallower here. You have to run out at least 20 mile to get in 25" of water
30 + in the summer to get into deeper water.I can run up the road 20 or so miles and be in 80' + of water around Dog & Saint George islands. It is only a 10 mile run .Allot of people don't fish off shore that much.Due to gas prices . They mainly fish for trout and reds with a few cobes thrown in.But we got some awesome grouper and snapper fishing if the Federal Marine fisheries would quit sticking it to the rec fisheries and start taking away from the commercial quotas .But it shows who has got the lobbyist and the money.They want to cut the recs limits down to nothing and this is going to hurt allot of bait stores and places that depend on the Recs fishing monies.
I did not meant to vent. But you don't come home with a boat load of fish
every trip. And you all know what it cost for our love of the water.
PS. If that is the boat that I look at a couple years ago it came that way from
Parker.
Joe

Dare I say it...

27 hours and for sale after extensive and expensive custom work.......... I wonder if it performs as intended??

FishFactory":1mmghdd6 said:
I think it was custom after the fact. Look at the pics. See the metal clips that cover the rub-rail joints on transom? Hard to tell, looks like they extended the deck cap across stern (as they should have).

Who knows :?

It's a weird solution to whatever problem was encountered. If the guy wanted flats boat versatility, he could have just bought one of those Bob's Machine Shop jackplates, and had a much easier solution.

hakr":m8ofvknm said:
It's a weird solution to whatever problem was encountered. If the guy wanted flats boat versatility, he could have just bought one of those Bob's Machine Shop jackplates, and had a much easier solution.

Exactly. Maybe the owner was afraid of falling out at motor cut-out and drowning in 24" of water. :?

FishFactory":2djcylfx said:
Exactly. Maybe the owner was afraid of falling out at motor cut-out and drowning in 24" of water. :?

It could happen. Ever see that move "Robin Hood: Men in Tights"???? :D :D :D

FishFactory":uwa6nu2u said:
hakr":uwa6nu2u said:

There are some idiots in "rec.boats" who think the transom on my 2100CC Parker is dangerous because water might get in. I started boating in Long Island Sound 50+ years ago in 8' prams with 12" transoms, and in outboard boats with 15" transoms, and none of those boats had decks so they could be self draining.

I'm telling you, I'm so scared...

Deltajoe":2ltjo0l9 said:
Your right GW I bought my 23PH from Big Bend Marine,The water is allot
Shallower here. You have to run out at least 20 mile to get in 25" of water
30 + in the summer to get into deeper water.
Joe

Deltajoe, not trying to "pick", "20 mile to get in 25" of water"..? is that a typo...25 inches?

"Hakr" ask your fearful friends how long it would take a 500 gallon wave to drain out of 4-1" scuppers (by the way, most Parkers have 4, many other boats have only 2) as supplied on their super safe full transom boat? I have a full transom and glad I do for the great fishbox. It sure as heck is not a safety feature. :roll:

The water on the gulf coast is very shallow for a long distance. Depending on the area it could be 30 miles to get
30-40'. It's a different animal.

Back