Hi from San Diego

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffroSD

Reaction score
New member here, just found out about the site and looks like a lot of good people with great information and tips for our boats!

I have a 2004 1801 that is basically stock but am looking for upgrade ideas: LED cockpit lights, washdown pumps, etc.

Thanks.

Welcome Jeff. I spent 9 months in your beautiful town, but since I was only 21 then and stationed at MCRD, I was more interested in Tiajuana (sic) than in pursuing the finer points of the San Diego area!

I'm also a newbie to the site, and just put down my deposit for a new 21SE. Since I'm not big into fishing (yet) I wasn't going to get the washdown option, but folks here told me I'd be happy to have it, so I ended up getting it.

In looking over the site, you'll find several posts about cockpit lighting, some with nice photos. In fact, you'll probably be able to get an answer to just about any Parker related question here - its a great site!

Bob

Hi Jeff......I am a newbie also... I am looking to buy my first Parker, hopefully in the next few weeks. Were you impacted by the fires? We are downtown, so all we had to deal with was the smoke and ash. Have a friend that lost a house. Bad stuff! Anyway, hope to meet you sometime.

Hi, wow sorry to hear that. No we are in Pt Loma/OB area so we had the same; lots of smoke and ash but luckily thats it.
Good luck on yer purchase, I love my 18 and I dont think you can wrong with any of them. They are well built boats! Feel free to hit me up with any questions, I'll try my best to answer them.

Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate it. If I get the boat, I will have a bunch of questions! Where are you fishing and how often are you getting out?

Generally out of SD Bay but if going up to LJ or that direction I go outta MB.
Trying to get out fishing and/or hooping at least once a week but it doesn't always work that way...hahahaa Some weeks more than others.
What model/size are you looking at?

I am looking for a 2530 extended cab.. I have found a clean one and am going to make an offer this week. If I don't get that boat, I will find another. I hope to have a slip at Sunroad Marina. Yeah, I hope to get out fishing at least once a week also, but I hate it when work and home stuff gets in the way!

Welcome to the site. The SOCAL Parker group is certainly gaining strength.

I was in LA last week. Could smell and see the smoke, but that was about it. Came home with a cough and a sore throat. Can't imagine living in that smoke for 2-3 weeks.

Back