Hidden serial numbers?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Sad story fom a guy down the street, he bought a used Donzi last year and registered it in Alabama. Yesterday the ABI came to his house, told him that the boat was stolen and took it to an impound yard. The serial number had been altered and there was another serial number under the console which matched the stolen boat. I was wondering if there is hidden numbers in the Parker that I can check? I'm sure that mine is ok, but would like to know.

I'm not aware of a hidden HIN, but if you call the factory on Monday and ask, I'd bet they would tell you.

252-728-5621

Not to be a kill joy.....But the whole purpose of having secondary numbers is to protect us, the boat owners, when our boats are stolen and HIN switched. Just like the VIN numbers on cars, those numbers are confidential and should not be given out to the public. By doing so, you are only educating the crooks who steal our boats. The factory should not be giving out secondary numbers, period!

If you desire to add hidden numbers to your boats, I recommend it. Be sure to document through photographs where the numbers are. It is usually best to use a number like a drivers license or SS number. That way, no matter what state your stolen boat ends up in the investigator can locate you and return your precious property.

Again, please don't disseminate hidden numbers, you are helping the wrong people. thanks, that was my two cents.

Have to agree with Tail Feather.

If there are secondary HIN then the builder would be remiss in giving it out as it would be defeating the purpose.

Every motor vehicle has at least three VIN's, two of which are hidden, that are commomly called police VIN's, and, in some states, it is a violation of law to disclose that information outside of authorized circles.

If you are concerned about your boat the best bet would be to have the paper work and hull checked with local law enforcment. That way you let law enforcement get hidden HIN's, if there from the builder.Not a quareentee fix but better then nothing.

Actually if the HIN has been altered the manufacturer should be able to pick it up as it would be out of sequence or otherwise anomolys to their system. Thats probably what happened to the guy with the Donzi.

As a Police Sergeant I will tell you there are hidden VIN, and HIN. The avergage Cop on the beat does not know the location. Specialized Auto Units are the only Officers who will know. In NJ that honor falls upon the NJSP. Your state may differ.

Back