High speed fairing install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Ronnie

Reaction score
Anyone with a parker have or had a high speed fairing installed with a thru hull transducer?
I'm trying to get some info on the fairing itself (what it's made of ? how it needs to be installed 4200 or 5200 or glassed in ? )
I do realize from my research, the fairing is huge (23 x 5 inches) not a problem for me as can be seen in pics.
I am going to replace my 600 watt ducer with a new 1000 watt airmar (either a B260 or newer wide angle SS270W) paired with my furuno 585 and want the added benefits the fairing gives at higher speeds.
Also, how about locations ?
More specific in a 2320 ?
Here is my location down the center of my 2320.
(the 2320 is different from other parkers as is has a tapered flat area down the center as seen in the attached pics
Thanks

Attachments

• transducer pics0004.jpg
    transducer pics0004.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 494
  • transducer pics0002.jpg
    transducer pics0002.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 494
Megabyte":78zv4tm1 said:
Forum member Warthog5 used that transducer and faring block on the X-Shark, though he did modify the faring block somewhat more than most people would.

Check it out in his project pages beginning at page 24 then continuing on page 27.

http://www.classicmako.com/projects/xshark/

Ya, I saw those pics on thehulltruth in my research.
But I don't need to make a custom fairing as i've got the nice (thick!!! )
flat area down the center of my 2320.
More looking for info on how the airmar (blue) one needs to be installed.

I was flipping through tv channels and low and behold!
On Fox 25 Ship Shape is on and he's installing one !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron:

Here is my shoot-thru. Have done 4 boats identical to this and get perfect presentation to WOT.

jim

Attachments

• IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 468
Capt Ronnie, if you say you would use the flat of the hull for a through hull, then you wouldn't have to cut the fairing block.

You are already on a trailer and a through hull on a trailer as you know has to be watched as you load and unload.

Dana

Back