High Water Alarm Float location, 2520XL (forward or aft?)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludicrous40

Reaction score
Installing a high water alarm. Was thinking I would install the float switch on the battery tray, but if I ever have water 2" over the battery tray, and don't know it, well that is a real bad day.....

Regardless, it is my forward bilge that tends to have water in it, the back is almost always dry. So wouldn't it make more sense to put the float in the front bilge? I've scoped the run between the two, and know that there are no blockages. Do other 2520XL owners see more standing bilge water in the forward bilge than in the stern??

Does the fact that I have a single outboard on a bracket, give me more opportunity to safely put more weight on the transom, and maybe changing the resting position slightly? I am adding some weight with another house battery going in the bilge (3 batteries total), but was also considering storing coolers on the bracket. I have the power to get out of the hole with the new E-Tec 300, so that isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance, really appreciate this resource.

Back