Hobbit Door Training Aid :)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megmac

Reaction score
There are very few things I can find to complain about my boat but the height of the door opening is one, Im 6'-0". Im new to this boat and the pilothouse. Currently its shrink wrapped with a door. I've been doing upgrades but after having scraped the top of my head twice, the last one being the worse I guess I still havent learned my lesson. I came up with this simple solution that I hope will help me to duck when I need too and if I don't duck it will provide protection. Its a piece of pipe insulation that will act as a cushion in case, and I've strung lengths of fluorescent string to hopefully grab my attention and forcing to duck out of the way. Because the pipe insulation has a slit in it already it fits perfectly and snuggly when the door is open. Is easily removable and put into place. What do you all think?

Attachments

• image2 (3).jpeg
    image2 (3).jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 282
  • image1 (4).jpeg
    image1 (4).jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 282
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 282
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 282
After you bang your head 26 times you get the picture. I took some serious shots in the knoggin on my 2120 :mrgreen:

Being 5’7” has its advantages at times [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d8dca790c36f7f9a652ecf7eac7bbac3.jpg
This would solve your problem[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for replying. I plan on using the foam insulation for awhile, can't hurt and only takes a few seconds to put in place.

Back