Holden Beach Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyo

Reaction score
I'm a Massachusetts Striper and Blue guy who will be staying a week on Holden Beach, NC later this summer. Anybody familiar with the placce. What kind of fishing from the beach? What gear to bring?

If you're surf fishing, maybe a flounder or two. I like pier fishing much better and Holder Beach has a pier. 8)

Off the pier, you can jig, throw spoons for spanish, bottom fish for flounder, throw out live bait for kings. IMO, light stuff works best maybe whatever you use for 15-20# line.

If you're down Aug 4, check out the Long Bay Artificial Reef Associations Ladies Tourney, largest ladies king tourney on East Coast. Weigh in around 4 in Southport, just up the road. If your down first weekend in Oct, Southport will host the 21st US Open KMT. Draws 400-600 boats.

Plenty of local info at Ocean Isle Fishing Center near Holden Beach (in Ocean Isle).

Catch-m-up

I just noticed your from Mass. Holden locals take a very dim view of using 1967 Oldsmobiles for submarines! :lol:

I'm sure Holden locals take a dim view of Massachusetts in general. Personally, I can't say I'd blame em. Maybe I should bring my 1801 along as an ice breaker

FishFactory":2q3bb7te said:
I just noticed your from Mass. Holden locals take a very dim view of using 1967 Oldsmobiles for submarines! :lol:

It is a joke. I believe Ted Kennedy's favorite underwater ride was a '67 Olds.

After the real estate boom of the past few years, chances are you'll find more bagels than grits in SE NC.

Latest posts

Back