Honda 225 on 2320?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabalo

Reaction score
Anyone running this combo? I currently have a Yammie 200 SWS pushing my 2320. Would like to go 4-stroke. There is a GREAT Honda dealer nearby and I know I can get a fair price and top notch service. I'd like the extra punch of a 250 but no such animal yet from Honda. Feedback? Thanks.

I dunnoh ... I'm a firm believer in running what I have 'til it dies, as long as you're satsifed with the performance. I also don't believe that 25 ponies (coming from a heavier 4-stroke OB) are going to buy you much, if anything at all.

You could buy a ton of fuel for the $16K+ asking price to put new power on the stern :shock: !

Make sure you're propped correctly (WOT 200/300 off max RPMs, average load), treat her right, and decarb that 2-stroke every 50 hours with Seafoam or Deep Creep, plus change t-stats and full water pump service every 2nd to 3rd season, more depending on use.

Doing this, I got 24 years service from my prior OMC motor and she was still running when I moved up in horsepower, way up, 75hp, on my old rig.

Where your 23 is most likely a 21-degree deadrise boat ... if you're going to go up in HP, go to at least a 250hp to get some performance gains for your buck, IMHO.

Back