hooking up a baitwell pump

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passingwindII

Reaction score
i have a plumbing question and thought i could get an answer in here..Currently i have a baitwell/ washdown pump and you must use a valve to direct water to one or the other, so i'd like to have seperate pumps for each. can i just use a T, and come off the one water intake?

Great question!

Answer - I'm not sure. It 'might' work as long as only one pump at a time was turned ON, but some pumps allow water to flow through them even when not in use. This would be when on plane and running, as water is forced through the scoop. The concern here is 2 things, would water thru the non-running pump inhibit operation of the one that is running? I'd also be concerned about losing a hose (due to pressure) off the pump that wasn't running, thereby filling your bigle up with water.

You could always do both a "T" and a manual in-line shutoff valve in each line, as 3-way valves (1 source - 2 feeds) cost $60 or so. A PVC "T" and simple valves at Home Depot would be around $16 for all, I'd guess.

thanks for a quick reply dale. you seem to be the one of the gurus in

here. how are other parkers plumbed? (do you have two pumps). i was

thinking a "T" rite after the scoop. Its a hassel to have one pump and a

valve for two seperate things. Any Pics ???

passingwindII":375euomu said:
... was thinking a "T" right after the scoop.
I'd make darn sure you had a SEACOCK installed right after the pickup scoop, and then onto a "T" or "Y" valve as needed. Keep in mind, some pumps are 'dual port' pumps where one or the other side can be run at a time.

The best in the business was the Johnson combined livewell/wash down pump, as my older brother got 14 years of service out of his. Unfortunately - they no longer produce this model, boo hoo :( .

I hear Shurflos don't last a season or two :( . Groco pumps are a good name, but I am not familiar with them. I'll check Powerboat Reports, as I have a membership and all their articles from the last 6+ years.

Screw a duel outlet livewell pump (www.livebaitlarry.com) to your seacock. One line goes to livewell. One line goes to (typical) Par-Max washdown pump. It's got a pressure switch on it so...no more switching a valve. It'll also come with the spray nozzel, you supply common hose.

This is a common way to rig both.

I run a Shurflo Baitsentry 800GPH dual port livewell pump screwed directly onto a 3/4" seacock. The secondary Baitsentry port feeds a Johnson Aqua-Jet washdown pump. Both work great simultaneously, either on or off plane. It was a project for me to install, but with the help of members on this board, I got it done without any major problems.

Latest posts

Back