How do you Polish your Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a full cover so the UV doesn't get at and chalk the surface.

In the spring I clean the boat very well with Bar Keepers Friend and bleach, rinse, dry, and then apply Meguires. I use a Porter Cable model 7424 7" with wool bonnets to apply the wax and a Craftsman 10" orbital and a wool bonnet to remove it. I then go after the entire hull by hand with a cotton towel (one of my old brown Army towels) to remove any wax I missed. Looks like new.

I do the job twice a year. Once in the spring when I take her out of winter slumber, and once in late Nov before I take her to Norfolk, VA and the CBBT. Prior to the CBBT trip, I have a "boat work day" where the two fishing buddies I take to the CBBT, get an opportunity to apply some elbow grease. :D :D :D

BTW, the Meguires also works great on the stainless steel rails and aluminum hardtop bars.

Dave

aka

JJD, a friend of mine here at work uses it on his 24' Four winns. It is 12 years old and looks like new. However, I recall when out with him last summer that his seats felt very "slippery" when wet. He claims the product has "sacraficial molecules" that act as a barrier from UV. I think I will try it this year.

kentislandparker said:
If you look on Meguires or 3m marine web site they go through process. Clean with wax and degreaser , with high speed buffer at 1600 rpm use a cleaner type compound if really bad than a polish to bring back the shine than a good carnuba wax to seal it . lots of work but the results will be worth it.[/quote

1600 rpm? I was told by a local detail guy never to exceed 1300rpm. Be careful at that speed. Let the buffer do the work and clean the buffer pad often. If you use simple green or similar chemicals be careful not to get it on anything plastic and do it in the shade. Also if you use bleach do not use anything with amonia in it or you will need a lung transplant. I use the Woody wax stuff because it works and smells good (and my last name is wood)

Well i know from my knowledge and using meguiers i love it and really is not that much work use the liquid not the paste and you will be so happy with the result trust me,i have there whole set up of cleaners,waxes,polishes it it worth the $$$ and call them they have a package deal on a cleaner,polish,wax it comes in the Quart size not the 12oz like you get in auto store!!!!Good Luck!!!

Latest posts

Back