How Far have you been Offshore in your Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexm225

Reaction score
One of the main reasons i got a parker is because it can do so many things one of them being that you can go pretty far offshore in a relatively small boat. i was wondering what's the farthest you've been out and i wanna hear the full story.

One of the main reasons i got a parker is because it can do so many things one of them being that you can go pretty far offshore in a relatively small boat. i was wondering what's the farthest you've been out and i wanna hear the full story.
Used to routinely run 76 miles out and back from the inlet to the Baltimore Canyon. With twin 2-stroke 150s (about 1nmpg combined) and a 172gal tank, things usually got pretty tight fuel-wise. Used to carry 20 extra gallons in Jerry cans on deck.

Looking forward to doing that run with substantially less fuel consumption with the new four strokes.

Just over a hundred miles from San Diego Harbor to the dumping grounds was my long run. Didn’t do it very often unless that was where the tuna were. Our normal long runs were between 70 and 80 miles (1010 trench and airplane bank). I had 300 gallons so plenty of fuel. Parker makes a great boat for the open water.

I have a ‘ 94 1800…. 90 Suzuki…. Been out 30 miles off NJ coast… have no problem… built like a brick house…. That being said… I also am very safely conscious being a career fireman… my boat is equipped with an EPIRB and 4 man rescue raft… and always let someone know what location you plan on fishing…. Buddy up with other guys in your area… good luck…

I’m at about a 30 mile max too with my 1800. It is not so much about the idea of stuff breaking down as much as what Mother Nature can whip up in the time it takes to get back to port. I’ve had to run around and from weather… not fun.

I have a 23DV and a 2801. The 2801 goes 60 to 80 miles 2 or 3 times a month during fishing season. Before I got the 2801 did the same in the 23DV. Both boats run about 1/2 fuel load for those trips.

20 miles in my 2510 on Lake Erie which can be like 40 in ocean miles. It’s kind of like dog years. Very steep waves and short period of 5 seconds due to the shallow nature of Erie. Things change quick too. Not uncommon to go from dead flat to 4 footers in an hour.

20 miles in my 2510 on Lake Erie which can be like 40 in ocean miles. It’s kind of like dog years. Very steep waves and short period of 5 seconds due to the shallow nature of Erie. Things change quick too. Not uncommon to go from dead flat to 4 footers in an hour.
lol the Northern GOM with a East wind = Washing Machine...

Just over 50 miles, fishing SoCal offshore banks. I'm in a 2520 XLD. I agree with the previous comment on carrying an EPIRB and having a float plan, so family/friends knows where to look if overdue.

Been to tanner bank (~100miles) and more in so cal a couple of times. San Clemente is 60 miles from my harbor, do that at least once a month. In a 2320 and they are great off shore. Running offshore in SoCal is great because there are so many other boats, and CG has a good presence, so you have help if necessary.

I used to run out on a regular basis when I was living down beach. Not as much anymore, will be relocating boat to new location in Maine. But we would go out of Indian River Delaware to fish between the canyons from Massey’s to Baltimore (4 stroke), ranging 35 - 70 miles one way. However, I also was well prepared with EPIRB, 6 man raft, satellite phone and ACR ResQlink 400’s on our jackets. Some may say gear overkill, but I spent some years in the USCG, bringing people back who got in trouble and sometimes they weren’t standing. But the main reason is my wife (the boss) requires the gear for offshore or it’s a no go…

43 miles off San Diego when the fishing fleet is on the tuna in the 21' CC DV.
We have very predictable weather in this area and when the tuna are in there are plenty of boats around.

I used to run out on a regular basis when I was living down beach. Not as much anymore, will be relocating boat to new location in Maine. But we would go out of Indian River Delaware to fish between the canyons from Massey’s to Baltimore (4 stroke), ranging 35 - 70 miles one way. However, I also was well prepared with EPIRB, 6 man raft, satellite phone and ACR ResQlink 400’s on our jackets. Some may say gear overkill, but I spent some years in the USCG, bringing people back who got in trouble and sometimes they weren’t standing. But the main reason is my wife (the boss) requires the gear for offshore or it’s a no go…
I'm with you, Parker 2310. Plus a hand-held VHF and a gallon of water for every person aboard, although I did drop the satellite phone subscription. I've been in a couple alarming situations (on previous boats, not the Parker) and the calmness of mind that comes from preparation is priceless.

Reactions: A^4
Furthest from inlet was 44 and about 35 off the beach on 21'se.
Got are arses kicked a few times but thats part of the small boat game. Fuel mileage is epic on my boat, 6+ gallons an hour doing 27mph in nice seas. I spend more on truck fuel to ramp then boat fuel every single trip.

Back