How hard to install second station on 2520?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
So how hard is it to install a second steering and throttle (Suzuki 300 FBW) on a 2520? Anyone here done it?

Not exactly the same but I installed a bulkhead station on my old 2120 about 10 years ago. It was mechanical motor controls so involved switching to Morse controls inside and out. I would imagine FBW would be easier to do. Adding the second helm and plumbing it into the other helm was simple enough. If I recall I bought a kit with most of the fittings and needed one set of hoses from the rear helm to the main helm. The kit had "T"s that got installed at the main cabin helm for the new hoses to connect to. One thing I learned from this forum back then that was really helpful is to install start and stop push button switches. If you are docking from the rear helm and lose the motor you definitely want to be able to restart in close quarters.

My 2530 that I have now came with the bulkhead station already and is FBW. A lot of people on the 2520 like the cockpit mounted second station vice bulkhead but with the smaller cockpit of the 2530 I like the bulkhead mount I have. There are a few adventurous people on this forum that you might be able to find with the search feature that have mounted the helm and controls right in the gunnel to minimize the loss of deck space. Depending on the age of the boat the hardest part might be finding the bulkhead or free standing cabinet that matches the parker gelcoat if its an older boat. If its newer you can probably just order from a Parker dealer.

Back