How many hours have you got on your 4 stroke Yammy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebuster

Reaction score
I've got a 2004 225F Yammy with 620hrs. with no problems except for a failed fuel feed pump the first year. I'm wondering how many hours you guys have logged with your four strokes and what kind of maintainence other than oil changes ect. you have had to do. VST filter, valve adjustment check ect. and any problems you've had. How many hours can we expect to get if we do proper maintainence? I'm talking about recreational use, two or three times a week. Thanks, Mike

I have a 06 F-200 w/482 hrs on it on a 08 2120.
I run my boat heavy :ie,always full of fuel ,and dive gear,and well basicly beat the cr*& out of it.
I always run High Octane Gas in it with Star Brite for the Ethenol we have out here.I also flush it w/Salt Away ater every use.
So far I've done everthing Yamaha wants for maintenence so I keep it under Warranty.
So far no problems at all.
MJ.

2007 F-250, 550hrs, 1 water pump, 1 set of plugs (looked brand new so I saved them) regular oil changes with filter, 20 micron fuel filter once a season, Lower unit oil once a season, grease regularly and NO PROBLEMS. The lower unit oil looks like new when I change it and the engine oil hardly gets dirty. I use ring free every other fill up and mid grade fuel only from the same shell station on land. I have a secondary fuel filter but have never changed it. I keep extra plugs, fuel filters, and appropriate tools on board to make at sea repairs if needed. Trust me I am not easy on the boat I run it hard and make it a point to open her up for a short stretch every trip. My boat is kept on the trailer and would not hesitate for a minute to travel 100 miles off shore in certain conditions. These motors are tough and will hold up with minimal maintenance.

A watermen friend of mine has the same 2007 F250 motor with 2500hrs and original plugs, one oil change and one lower unit oil change, no ring free, low test fuel, and No other maintenance. Never let him down yet. I don't recommend that maintenance schedule but it is a testament of the durability of these motors. I think lack of use is harder on a motor than lack of maintenance. The lower unit on an outboard is very similar to the rear end on a car. As long as no water is getting in and no oil getting out changing it frequently could do more harm then good. How often do you change the fluid in the rear of your vehicles? I have vehicles with over 200K on them and never changed the rear end oil and never repaired a rear? I know moisture is still getting in from haeting and cooling the oil but.....How much farther ahead would I have been to change the oil? Food for thought. :)

A big thing to stay ahead of with these newer four strokes are the internal zincs. I think the 08 model has something like 10 internal pencil zincs.
I agree w/ the previous lower unit oil statement. Not a necessity.

I met a charter guy on Martha's Vinyard last year that had 4000 hours on a F225 Yammie. He said it had never been to a mechanic.

He trailered and specialized in fly fishing. So I'm guessing he does a nice job flushing after use as well as routine Maint.

I have about 500 hours on my 4S ZUKE.

For those of you that trailer your boat, are you flushing your engine once you get home? I'm assuming you're not doing it at the ramp? Just wondering if it's a problem waiting to flush your engine 1-2 hours after using it?

We dunk our boat in the lake behind the house and flush the engine, raw water pump and bait well pump after each trip.

Put the engine in reverse while still connected to the trailer and let it rinse the trailer.

Wash the boat and trailer when we get home (usually the next day due to it being dark by that time).

not sure I want to answer this questions without Knocking on wood :)
05 F225 880 hours. I just follow the guide in the book. coming up on the 1000 hour check.

I say this all, as I'm going to run the boat on a 75 mile round trip tomorrow.
let's hope all goes well.

I have twin 150 four strokes with 800 hrs and have had no problems. Just performed routine maintenance. I do use ring free and StaBil always in my tank regardless if I laid up for the winter or during the summer.

I have a f250 2009 model with 132 hours, check out the sparkplug blog on here to see more info, but as of now. 100 maintaince went well at 130 hours started miss fire, took for service....carbon build up was so bad loss of compression in one or more cyinders and now A new power head is on the way.

Im being told that ring free would have stopped this from happing?? who really knows I believe there was a defect in this unit. To many guys that dont use additive and dont do the maintanice that I have done with no problems. I just hope to be back on the water soon......

1050 hours on my 2001 F225 that was commissioned in 2003
trailered and engine flushed at end of each trip before going back to boat yard.

1,206 hrs on my 05 2120 with f200. never seen a shop, just routine oil and filter changes.

I have a 2007 Yammy 115 on my 1801 with 620 hours. Never a problem and no mechanic. Routine oil changes with yamalube and just changed the zincs. Runs awesome!!

07 F150 with 660 hrs. Routine oil changes, just changed water pump this spring, tune up every spring launch. Not a hiccup :D

Back