How much does a pilot house draft?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkernewbie

Reaction score
Hello,

So I'm seeing that a 2320 and 2520 only drafts about 1.5 feet. I'm assuming that does not with the engines down? What do you actually draft? What depth do you feel most comfortable motoring in?

Hello,

So I'm seeing that a 2320 and 2520 only drafts about 1.5 feet. I'm assuming that does not with the engines down? What do you actually draft? What depth do you feel most comfortable motoring in?
Correct. That's just the boat, not with the engine down. Actual full draft (depending on where your motor is mounted is about 33" to 36"' with motor down. With our 2520 XLD, and 300 Yamaha, I don't like being in 3' or less water, unless barely crawling along, and with motor raised slightly (I will not be on plane in less than 5'-6') It's not saying you can't tip-toe through 2'-3' water (with the engine tilted) but in our area and I'm sure most other places, the 'bottom' is not uniform. And there are sunken half-rotted logs, debris and countless abandoned crap pots ('ghost-pots') lurking on the bottom in our area. Snarling a 2-foot-cube, half-rusted wire crab-pot in your prop will ruin your day. (In our area the water is not clear enough most of the year, to be able to see these hazards laying on the bottom, even in 3').

Last edited:
What Andy said. :) Easing in from 4ft to 3ft..... I'm hitting the trim and watching Sonar.

Latest posts

Back