How to improve the ride quality on my Parker 2501CC Deep V

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRIM TABS use them!
Really inefficient way to level the boat except in extreme conditions. Moving weight forward and adding 4 blade props will change the boat attitude without affecting fuel economy in a negative way. I only use tabs to level boat side to side and when in a stacked head sea where the bow won’t stay down below 20-25 mph and to be comfortable I need to be on plane around 16-18 mph.

Really inefficient way to level the boat except in extreme conditions. Moving weight forward and adding 4 blade props will change the boat attitude without affecting fuel economy in a negative way. I only use tabs to level boat side to side and when in a stacked head sea where the bow won’t stay down below 20-25 mph and to be comfortable I need to be on plane around 16-18 mph.
I'd rather be more comfortable and trim it down n burn more fuel than stack a bunch of junk up front!

I'd rather be more comfortable and trim it down n burn more fuel than stack a bunch of junk up front!
I agree. I don’t stack a bunch of stuff up front either. I moved my batteries from the bilge to the console to move weight forward and added a 4 blade prop. Those 2 changes make a big difference and limit the amount of tab needed.

I agree. I don’t stack a bunch of stuff up front either. I moved my batteries from the bilge to the console to move weight forward and added a 4 blade prop. Those 2 changes make a big difference and limit the amount of tab needed.
Do you have lead acid batteries? I want to move mine forward (parker 2310), but I worry about damaging the batteries by subjecting them to more "pounding"...

I have a 2320 DV that I’ve had 20 years. Finally switched to a 4 blade, 18 pitch. Really helped lift the stern. Then I added permatrim. I really don’t need to trim down or play with the tabs to plane off anymore. The bow on plane doesn’t ride high anymore. Much better ride quality all around. And when I really want to push the nose down in a stiff chop, the tabs are that much more effective. YMMV!

Back