How to seal the deck?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striperon

Reaction score
I am removing the seat on my 1800 in favor of a Parker leaning post, the one they are putting on the new 1801. When I remove the seat, I want all the little holes to be sealed. Do I just push 5200 in the hole? Will it stay?

I'd fill flush with marine-tex or other epoxy, like thickened Raka or West Systems. If it were mine, I'd even drip some thin penetrating epoxy into the holes if blind holes first and add the other when this kicks. If a thru hole, you can still wet with thin epoxy, but you need a syringe.

Lastly, after filling close to the top, you could add countersink bevel to the hole first and then this will give enough raw glass for gelcoat to stick too.

You're close enough to me, maybe 1.5 hours away, we could always meet up in the KTP parking lot in Kittery and knock it out in less than an hour ... less the final gelcoat topcoat, which is easy.

Thanks, Dale. I would appreciate a lesson and end up with a good job. I will remove the seat base this weekend to see whether the holes are blind or through. I'll let you know.

Ron

Back