Hyd steering Fluid

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warthog5

Reaction score
There was a thread sometime ago about Hyd Steering Fluid. There were 1 or 2 that said.... "Oh I just use ATF." My answer to that was "Only in a emergency , then flush the system."

Heres the installation instructions for a Uflex system. I was doing some research and came across this.

"
Use ULTRAFLEX oil or other compatible oils.
Hydraulic oil OL150 has been specifically formulated for ULTRAFLEX to ensure high quality performance level of
ULTRAFLEX products throughout time.
Its special "Zinc Free" formula enhances protection against marine oxidation. The special mix of anti-wear and
stabilizing components of OL150 allow ensuring great results as far as the product duration and performances
are concerned in several environmental conditions.
ULTRAFLEX hydraulic oil complies with standard ISO 10592 concerning hydraulic steering systems. ULTRAFLEX is
not to be held responsible for any damages or performance deterioration if oils different from OL150 are used.
DANGER
Do NOT use ATF Dexron II transmission oils or brake oils which could cause the steering system seizing.
Oils which are compatible with OL150 ULTRAFLEX are:
- Shell Tellus T15 and Shell Tellus T22
- Mobil DTE 11M "

Back