Hydraulic Steering Anomaly

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
This is a minor nit, I think.

I have the SeaStar hydraulic steering on my Parker 2100CC.

A few weeks ago, I installed an Edson "Knob'o'Death" on the helm steering wheel. You guys know what I mean.

Well, I installed the knob between the 10 and 11 o'clock position with the engine centered. I notice now, though, that after running with the engine centered after turning the boat in either direction, the knob could be at any "o'clock" position.

Is this just an anomaly of hydraulic steering? Is the system in need of bleeding?

Ideas?

That's normal for Seastar hydraulic steering systems and it is mentioned in the installation manual that comes with your system.

I love my knob and wouldn't have a boat without one.

Fishinfireman":3kz5qh12 said:
That's normal for Seastar hydraulic steering systems and it is mentioned in the installation manual that comes with your system.

I love my knob and wouldn't have a boat without one.

Manual? There's a manual? :)

I like the knobs, too. I've always liked 'em! :D

On my 2520 (don't know what manufactor made the hydraulic steering)
if I am low on fluid my knob changes positions, but when I add fluid it
stays aligned. I have to do this about twice a year. Very small leak somewhere in mine..

hakr":22h3s23q said:
Is this just an anomaly of hydraulic steering? Is the system in need of bleeding?
Std issue with hydraulics ...

mildew2":22h3s23q said:
On my 2520 (don't know what manufactor made the hydraulic steering) if I am low on fluid my knob changes positions, but when I add fluid it stays aligned.
You're lucky or it is the extreme coincidence.

Latest posts

Back