I caught a really big one on Sat.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.A. Veil

Reaction score
Another Parker, that is. I fished both days in the Chesapeake with little to brag about. Early afternoon, I was part way up Eastern Bay looking for working birds. I saw another Parker center console, so I drove over to see how he was doing and if he was familiar with Classic Parker.

The boat was a recent model 21 SE with a 150-hp 4-stroke. His motor had conked out on him -- he got no power at all to his instruments. Neither he nor I are particularly good at electrical problems. After some unsuccessful fiddling, I offered to tow him back to his ramp. About the time we got a rope tied up to start the tow, he called across and said "You won't believe this. My instruments are lit up now. He tried the engine and it started right up. I disconnected the tow rope and agreed to follow him the 4 miles back to his ramp. It's a good thing I did, because halfway there, he touched the trim motor switch and immediately lost all power. I ended up towing him to his ramp -- it was my biggest catch of the season so far.

I gave him a Classic Parker coozie, so maybe he will show up here one of these days.

Back