I just stopped in the factory

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckbutler

Reaction score
I was near Beauford doing some duck hunting this week (very little duck killing...). On my way back up to the airport in New Bern I had some time to kill so I stopped in the Parker Factory. I have a '83 2520 mod v. There was a sign on the door saying tours only Firdays ~8-11am, this was Wed. Well I thought I'd ask anyway. Receptionist called a few different people and asked if they'd give a non official tour. I got Joe who I later saw in the catalog who said he'd give the 10 min tour. Well 30 min later we were back at the front door. WOW! what an nice guy and neat factory. really clean, very nice employees. Two new boats were very cool: the 2830 and a ~ 20' tunnel hull flats type boat. Got to get on a few being very careful. If you ever get the opportunity stop in!

I had a very similar experience. My parents use to live very close to the factory on Dawsons Creek. Just before they moved I had a private tour on a Thursday since my drive back to Pa always starts on a Friday morning. A very impressive facility where you see the time and detail and quality control put into these boats. A great bunch of people working there too.

Back