I Spotted a few Parkers in Alaska

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
Karen and I are recovering from 3 weeks traveling around Alaska as well as a stop in Missoula Montana and Glacier National Park.

I looked around all the marinas and found a few Parkers although I'm sure there were others I missed.

Here is one in Ketchikan.

4834958137_817ea3b7a6_b.jpg

In Skagway I found two of them.

4834451605_8a8967abbc_b.jpg

4834450883_91c3a53250_b.jpg

4835059580_059541b715_b.jpg

We had a great time... ate way too much good food... went fishing one morning while in Seward and caught some silver salmon...

Here is a link to pics from the trip if you want to kill some time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33755787@N ... 583773276/

Now... back to the real world.... ughh....

Richard

Wow! Good grouping!
An I/O, a CC with a heavy Honda, and a 2530 with OX66 twins.
You hit the trifecta! :)

Nice pics Richard, We were in Alaska last year and fished in Sitka, saw several 25 ft pilot house models. Our guide and I were talking boats, and the reasons why you dont see many larger aluminum boats on the Chesapeake. Our conversation turned to fiberglass pilothouse boats. He said that as far as fiberglass boats are concerned most of the local guys prefer Parker, and that there would probably be more of them, but the cost was prohibitive. I can only assume the shipping from NC to AK accounts for the difference.
The Wife and I both fell in love with SE Alaska, the unspoiled wilderness and plentiful wildlife make you feel as though you have traveled 100 years back in time.
To anyone reading this post who has not been; If you ever take another vacation GO TO ALASKA, you will not regret it.

Roger

Back