I would love some info on Chartplotter/Fishfinder Combo's

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaver

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2310 parker and all it came with is an older Garmin black and white fishfinder and a radio. I plan on doing a lot of fishing and would love to add a chartplotter and fishfinder combo. I would prefer to stay well under $750 for a nice unit if possible. I must admit I am pretty marine electronics ignorant so any info on what brands or what I should be looking for would be greatly appreciated.

I just upgraded from a 178c garmin to a garmin 546s. It is a little more than you want to spend but it is a nice combo unit with the optional chip installed. I found the unit online for 858.00 shipped

I bought a Garmin 545S from BOE last year. No regrets
It is not a big screen unit (5") but has great maps and features, easy to use and easy on the pocket along with a FF and color screen
Today I look at refurnished units and contact BOE for dealss and I completely agree with group's wisdom on having a large screen CHart/GPS and a separate FF. For today, it is what it is

I have a garmin 545s ff/gps combo. It came on my 1801 when I bought it.

It is a real disapointment. It only has a 5" screen and there is no way to use it on the split screen GPS and FF together. It is not viewable. Way to small. I have just installed a Furuno f/f next to the garmin. That way I use the Furuno f/f and use the Garmin for the GPS.. I find that Garmin has a good GPS but Furuno f/f are far superior to what f/f Garmin produces.
Go larger than a 5" screen or you will be disapointed

I have the 545S also and concur with the small screen comments. You can use it in a split screen mode but the FF display is very small. When fishing my normal haunts, I use the unit in the sonar only display mode (split screen with zoom displayed) and have a handheld GPS unit as a back up. I've been meaning to pick up a reconditioned Garmin 400 FF from BOE and use the 545 as GPS only. I can have two 5" displays and not have to pull another transducer line.

Great feedback..I think I have switched courses and will grab a separate chartplotter and fishfinder.

beaver":39ryj4cd said:
Great feedback..I think I have switched courses and will grab a separate chartplotter and fishfinder.

That is the direction I went in.
Furuno sounder, Garmin chartplotter, and Icom VHF.

Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg

Back