Ideas for 2320 dash storage?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrannestad

Reaction score
I have been using these plastic shallow containers of various sizes (1" deep x 6" x 9" and 3" x 12" and 6" x 12") to stores stuff on the dash. I velcro the containers to the dash with velcro tape so they are removable. I use them to store things I need quick access to: cellphones, wallets, fishing gear etc and stuff I dont want to carry in my pockets.

The containers are now cracked due to the uv rays and I will need to figure out what to do to replace them.

What do you folks do? Any good ideas?

What Bryan said or if you have a lot of stuff I bought a couple of those suction cup canvas storage pouches they work well and can store a lot of stuff in them, see picture below, you can find them at most marine stores.

Attachments

• speaker project 4.JPG
    speaker project 4.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 567
Mine is teak ... but new bins could be had easy at the local $1 store ...

I use a combination of non-slip (used for storing glassware in your cabinets), and a piece of teak that I put in place to keep stuff from sliding off in rough seas.

web.jpg

web.jpg

I use the covers for my Garmin GPS and Furuno fish finder as 'trays' to hold my stuff while under way.
The combination of the teak strip and the non-skid works well. :)

I picked up one of these last month.
It's a bit bigger than I imagined, but it fits (barely) on my 2520 dash.
Lots of storage plus 2 cup holders.
I took the suction cups off and attached it with velcro to prevent sliding..
The back box opens up via the lid and has a good bit of storage.

I think they will make a custom size also.

Thanks for all the good the input. The non slip mat idea is a simple good idea and the teak stopper board makes it even better.

Here is what I ended up doing: added a red oak stopper board with a side piece, non slip mat and rubbermaid drawer organizers and utensil tray. I am happy with it for now, until the stuff flys all over the place in heavy seas.

Attachments

• IMAGE_196no2.jpg
    IMAGE_196no2.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 387
Back