I'm excited about our new old Parker Sou'Wester...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modelboats

Reaction score
We recently acquired a 1987 Parker Sou 'Wester 25' Sport Cabin. It is clearly an '87 and clearly has (and in good shape) the combined Parker and Sou'Wester logos. It has a 2001 Suzuki DT225 on a stainless bracket, so that it has the full transom. The ride, so far has been solid and smooth. We look forward to bringing her back to like new condition. We'd like to hear from anyone that has a similar model or expertise about her.

Attachments

• Dsc_3109s.jpg
    Dsc_3109s.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 367
Here is the best that I currently have. I'll get the camera out and take a "real" picture soon...

Attachments

• Dsc_3108.jpg
    Dsc_3108.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 361
Nice CLASSIC boat!

Whereas that is an older hull and the bottom of the cockpit floor might only be coated with resin (if anything at all ...) I would vent that bilge as much as you can to keep it dry and ensure moisture doesn't get trapped in it.

Here's an easy way to do it. Also leave open any deck hatches in the cabin and leave/prop windows open so the boat 'breathes' ...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=345

A better way, using solar fans:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13640

Here are the first, more usable shots of the Parker Sou'Wester Logo on our '87 2520. Unfortunately, I didn't have a measuring device with me at the time, so I included a shot with some of the boat for reference. Please disregard the yellow/green algae. The boat is about to get a serious cleaning/new bottom paint, etc. Then we'll send more shots of the whole thing. I hope this is useful to someone...

Attachments

• 87ParkerSouWesterLogo1.jpg
    87ParkerSouWesterLogo1.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 87ParkerSouWesterLogo2.jpg
    87ParkerSouWesterLogo2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 136

Latest posts

Back