In Hull vs Transom Mount Transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sslocum":fj1lyqpm said:
I have the Raymarine A65 with the transom mounted transducer...I lose the signal every time I go up on plane. Any thoughts?

Why not try putting the existing 'ducer inside the hull?

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

went out yesterday with my degraded shoot thru transducer. the presentation is horrible. i get the same horrible image even at WOT. :mrgreen: i agree, there is only one way to do it......a thru hull tilted element is the way. word. 8)

Hey Fish........i think the Garmin is called BL for bottom lock. i don't use it primarily because the guys i'm after will stack up in the water column, and i kind of like the way it is working now.

of the many functions there are, i use use these:

gain (a lot)
2x zoom (a lot)
split 50/200 (no so much)
fish symbols......yeah really geek i know, but seeing those fishys really gets my blood going :twisted:

"I don't use the fish symbols as it relies on the fish finder to decipher what is a fish and what is not. I believe I can do this better using my experience and judgment."

the above was my favorite response. i tell you......grouperjim paid $4k for his unit with all it's components.........so yes, i paid it to decipher and i want my money's worth. it has not disappointed. :mrgreen:

Fish.....i am not one to follow the herd.

what is the guy's relationship with Airmar?.......the company that makes the transducers and says that their shoot thru units are specifically designed to compensate for any attenuation.

FWIW assistant managers by the very nature of their title are suspect in their opinions.

ah grasshopper.....there in lies the conundrum........."Fishfinders" are not "transducers" and likewise Airmar does not make or offer opinions about fishfinders. kind of makes sense now doesn't it?

Jim out.

Back