Installing a windlass on a 21SE CC: good or bad idea?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry B.

Reaction score
Hi,
I just found this group and already feel at home!
My wife ordered a windlass for my 21 CC (birthday gift) to be installed by my marina over the winter.
I was interested inknowing if you guys know of anyone who has done this. Do you install a pulpit? Is it available from Parker (I want it to match)? Which windlas is best? Free fall Lewmar 700? Is i tOK for a 21CC?
Lot's of questions: I hope you guys can help with some answers.
Thanx much,
Jerry B.

Hi Jerry,

WELCOME to the forum...

The lewmar pro 700 free falling is the "choice" unit around here. You can go with a pulpit from parker or you can use a windline or kingston bow roller - your choice. I think they all fit pretty well. There are lots of measurements to be done though to make sure the line falls correctly into the compartment.

Use the search feature for more info tooooo..

Cheers!
William.

Welcome aboard Jerry!

As William said, the subject of selecting, repairing, adding, or modifying a windlass has been covered in some detail on several threads in the Projects area. If you don't see your questions answered there, I'm sure someone can help with your project.

We have some very talented people here who have documented their windlass projects, so hopefully you will find what you're looking for! :wink:

Thanx for the responses!
I have read many of the postings regarding windlass on this great forum.
Immediately, I knew this was thee place for information!!!!
Most of the postings and terrific pic's were of pilot house models. I don't recall seeing any CC's with a windlass. However, from your responses, it seems to be Captains choice!
I'm a long time surf caster, but first time boater. When out on the beach fishing, I always loved seeing the Parkers. Finally bought mine new in 2005.
Where can I check on a "genuine" parker pulpit?
Thanx for the great welcome....Life is better with a Parker!
Great boat, great company, great owners!

When I was looking for a Parker pulpit a few months back I posted a message on this web site and a man who's username is atlanticbeach
contacted me and left his phone number.He had one for sale,and he
might just still have it. You could pm him from this web site or pm me and I will give you his name and number. I don't want to list his name and number on a public forum for obvious reasons. I think it might have originally been for a CC.

Jerry, If the lead that Mildew2 doesn't pan out, call the factory at 252-728-5621.
They can tell you what your options are. :wink:

Put one in on my 25SE and skipped the pulpit in favor of a windline bowroller. I'm sure your dimensions are different and you need to remove the combo navigation light for seperate ones as shown on the pictures I'm attaching. I love mine, it just takes some getting used to as far as deploying and retrieving. Their is definitily a knack to doing such while not stressing the windlass too much. I did install the freefall 700 version and it has worked well just make sure you read directions carefully and use the proper size wireing cables for the run. Here's the pics of mine... Hope this helps. :)

Attachments

• windlass-1.jpg
    windlass-1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 595
  • windlass-LED-lights.jpg
    windlass-LED-lights.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 594
Thanx for the responses. I'm going to print them and have a conversation with the owner of my marina (who will do the installation). I want to hear his recommendation.
The pix are great! Gives me a visual perspective. I was having difficulty trying to imagine how it would look. Yours really works well.

I had a fishing club meeting last night (2/5) and a few of the guys were not very supportive of using windlass. They cited numerous mechanical problems. One guy bought his boat (not a Parker!) and removed the windlass. Most of these guys prefered using an anchor ball instead. Are you guys having any problems witht the windlass?

I'm still seriously considering the windlass - especially after seeing the pictures!
Thanx!

Latest posts

Back