Installing flush mount rod holders...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
OK, so I finally got my rod holders. I'm getting ready to install. I'm going to use the mitre saw to cut a wood block at 30 degrees so I can drill the pilot hole. The actual tube for the rod holders is 2" so should I assume I need a 2" hole saw? I saw another thread where 2 1/2" was used but seems obvious I need 2", but since I'm not a pro I want to ask to be sure. Also, should I be using 5200 to seal it?

Tough crowd...no responses! I did it with a 2 1/8" hole saw, 30 degree angle and I used epoxy to seal it. Came out absolutely perfect, I also cut two 3" holes in the lid/ tray that sits on my bait tank for cup holders. I don't know why I didn't do that sooner.

Not sure about the rest of the gang, but I'm up to my ears in spring commissioning projects.

Did you take any photos of the install?

drill baby drill, no really line up and test first. I put a small hole in my old boat, don't ask....lucky just test hole easy to fix. If mounting near rails or other items on boat test angle with rod so it can set clean in holder, then go for it.

Do a author-search for a thread I started awhile back concerning rod holder install on my 1801. The replies were very thorough. I would send you the link but I am not very computer savvy.

rodholders_drill_107.gif

Back