Interior height of sport cabin/ pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindse8707

Reaction score
Hi there! We are considering a Parker Sport Cabin and I am trying to find out what the head room clearance is while inside the sport cabin/ pilot house? My husband is tall so headroom is a concern. Thanks in advance for any help/ information!

Hi there! We are considering a Parker Sport Cabin and I am trying to find out what the head room clearance is while inside the sport cabin/ pilot house? My husband is tall so headroom is a concern. Thanks in advance for any help/ information!
Hi lindse8707, In a 2013 Parker 2520 XLD, the headroom inside the pilot house, at the entry door (aft end of the pilothouse) is 75 & 3/4" ( 6' 3 3/4"). Forward, between the two helm seats it is 75". (6' 3").

Last edited:
Hi Andy, thanks so much super helpful! He is 6'2" so wanted to find out before we go down the sport cabin path.

Hi Andy, thanks so much super helpful! He is 6'2" so wanted to find out before we go down the sport cabin path.

I’m 6-1“ and have had the same Parker 2520XL since 2006. Head room once IN the pilothouse is fine and will be adequate for your 6-2” husband. While the occurrence is less each year, I still occasionally SMASH my head getting in and out of the pilothouse on the door frame. Unfortunately one does not need be very tall to do this, more then one guy under 6’ has done this on my boat.

Good news, the Parker Pilothouse is adequate for a man 6-2”, bad news until he gets accustomed to it, your husband will bang his head on the door frame stepping in and out of the pilothouse.

Typically striking one’s head on the door frame, is not the most pleasant feeling but (knock on wood) I haven’t (YET) needed stitches.......

I’m 6-1“ and have had the same Parker 2520XL since 2006. Head room once IN the pilothouse is fine and will be adequate for your 6-2” husband. While the occurrence is less each year, I still occasionally SMASH my head getting in and out of the pilothouse on the door frame. Unfortunately one does not need be very tall to do this, more then one guy under 6’ has done this on my boat.

Good news, the Parker Pilothouse is adequate for a man 6-2”, bad news until he gets accustomed to it, your husband will bang his head on the door frame stepping in and out of the pilothouse.

Typically striking one’s head on the door frame, is not the most pleasant feeling but (knock on wood) I haven’t (YET) needed stitches.......
I'm 5' 10", and after almost 4 years with our 2520, I have have not (yet) banged my head getting into the Pilothouse! But, I have jammed/stubbed my toe on the bottom of the door frame/jamb a couple times! I'm not complaining; I love everything about the Pilothouse; tops on my list is the weather-protection it offers as I boat year-round, and in any weather. I also like the clean, dry storage and the option to spend the night on the boat!

Last edited:
I’ve had a 2320 Pilot house for 7 years. Never have i regretted the decision to go in that direction vs Center consol. I’m only 5’10” but my son is 6’5”. (Must have been Sven the milkman). He must be careful entering and exiting, but the tradeoffs in my opinion are worth it: You can fish year round. In the winter, just close the windows and you will stay warm. In the summer, open the front windows for cooling, and get out of the sun when baking. The fact that I’ve had three melanomas contributed to my decision. But only if you want to fish. There are better Cruisers, but of course, Parker is a rock solid fishing platform. I fish year round. That’s why i bought a Parker PH. Welcome.

I have a 2011 2120,
I think I made a custom pole 6’1” with maybe a 1/4” to spare. I am 6 foot and no issue. If I was bigger I would just make myself fit for the reasons mentioned. Sun break, wind block, dry storage. Grab the family on a rainy afternoon and pick up a pizza and have dinner on the most ergonomic boat I have been on. You will laugh at how usable it is and probably be the only guy untying in the rain

I came up with a way to minimize the dreaded head klunk. I cut a length of hollow pool noodle slightly longer than the frame width and then slit one side. it wedges over the door frame top lip and holds tight side to side.

Back