INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KITESURFPALMBEACH

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about buying a 2530 extended cabin Parker and I live in Palm Beach, Florida I also have to buy a trailer for the 2530 dry weight is 5,000 lbs so.... what is the actual weight fully loaded.

Attachments

• PARKER 2530 EXTENDED CABIN.JPG
    PARKER 2530 EXTENDED CABIN.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 986
I estimate my 2510 with twin F-115s with fuel and an average load of fishing gear comes in at about 6,200 lbs. I have a 9,000 lb trailer, and the trailer weighs about 1,500 lbs. Talk to the dealer, but I would bet that a 10,000 lb trailer would haul her A-OK.

BTW, I hear that the insurance companies are really cutting back on what they will insure down in FL and the rest of the Gulf Coast. I hear that if the boat is under 30' you have to have a trailer and sign a statement that you will move the boat out of harms way during a named storm. So I can see why you need a trailer. Since you live in FL and a named storm can come just about anytime between June and Dec, I'd get an annual towing permit for her.

Here is how I would roughly calculate the weight:

5000 dry weight
1000 lbs for twin honda 150's (I'm guessing based on the picture)
1000 lbs for fuel
1000 lbs for all the other stuff that will get attached to the boat and loaded on as gear
Weight of the trailer

I've never weighed my boat on the trailer but I'm using about 9 thousand as my total vehicle weight that I'm pulling.

This is a rough guess and is likely a little on the high side.

Most guess on the low side.

Some day I'm going to actually weigh the boat.

Richard

Latest posts

Back