Is a 6k trailer ball enough for a 2120?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
Long story short some MF stole my hitch I need to buy a replacement. I have a 6k capacity that's sitting around. is that ok for use with the 2120? I've been so comfortable towing with the larger heavy duty one that holding this 6k lb one feels so unsafe.

Long story short some MF stole my hitch I need to buy a replacement. I have a 6k capacity that's sitting around. is that ok for use with the 2120? I've been so comfortable towing with the larger heavy duty one that holding this 6k lb one feels so unsafe.
If it feels unsafe, don't do it. I tow my 2120 with a heavy duty hitch also. Sorry to hear about some A HOLE stealing your hitch.

So after doing all the calculations, I went ahead and took the boat out, now back in one piece. For these kind of things I just like to over do it for the peace of mind.

I think my old hitch was a 10k drawbar and ball. The 6k set feels like a toy. Going to buy another 10k setup anyways and add a lock

So after doing all the calculations, I went ahead and took the boat out, now back in one piece. For these kind of things I just like to over do it for the peace of mind.

I think my old hitch was a 10k drawbar and ball. The 6k set feels like a toy. Going to buy another 10k setup anyways and add a lock
When I tow my boat fully loaded it's about 5800 and I feel so much safer towing with a heavy duty hitch.

Back