Is my trailer set up correctly?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djw1

Reaction score
Can anyone help determine if this trailer is set up properly or can use adjustment and or forward bunks/keel roller?

For the past few years I never trailer-ed more than a few miles and rarely gone over 30 mph so it wasn't really a concern. We recently relocated south Fl and I'd like be able to tow her to the keys or marco/naples and I'd like to be sure its set up right. Thanx

Attachments

• 2010-04-13 15.29.06.jpg
    2010-04-13 15.29.06.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 2010-04-13 15.29.16.jpg
    2010-04-13 15.29.16.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 251
  • photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 251
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 251
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 251
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 251
Not a big fan of your tie downs in the back, I prefer straps from the transome eyebolts to the trailer, for what it's worth.

Thanks fess and i agree with you but that was old pic and since have the big single yellow strap that goes across the whole boat. Plus with the boat off the trailer a bit using tie downs off the transom eyebolts creates a rather steep angle for the strap (they are not really holding the boat straight down to the trailer)

What i do notice is the trailer flexing, i guess because its -I Beam alum?

We have to put the front tie down on to keep the bow from bouncing up n down on the winch roller. ZIs that normal?

file.php

IMO dragging a boat with the transom positioned beyond the bunks puts extra strain on the transom. You might also want a spare tire with jack and tools to change a flat.

Find an EZLOADER dealer at ezloader.com for suggestions and parts for mods to the trailer.

Latest posts

Back