• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Is The Economy THIS Bad ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTDT

Reaction score
Buy it and as a used boat it will be worth $45,000 if you are lucky enough to find a buyer. When you look at what 1 and 2 year old boats are selling for the new boats seem way overpriced.

The way I read it the specs call for 250 hp. The boat has 300hp with two engines. Two engines are good. You can shut down one engine while trolling etc. to save fuel. I know I experience close to a forty percent reduction in fuel consumption with my 115s if I run one engine. That 23 ft hull should run about ten or twelve knots on one engine and burn about thirty percent less fuel at near max throttle. Use both engines to get there and back. if you are in a hurry.
Two engines are also somewhat of a backup, particularly if you have seperate filter systems etc. That should work?

Not hi-lined on the news anymore, maybe Rhode Island (& notheast) are fairing worst than other areas,,, but the economy is still going down.

Unemployment is at a record high. Buisnesses are folding almost everyday. People are becoming,,, lawless(?). Roberies, theift, shoplifting, fore closures, homeless, and such are getting way out of hand.

People are simply doing what is needed to feed and house the family.

Contrary to Obama's claims,,, we don't see any "good" happening here.
"Bailouts" were not effective.

The state has lost so much revinue that they are increasing taxes and adding new ones in order to maintain their crap gov't. Still they continue to spend like there is nothing wrong. :roll:

Economy is still headed down. Businesses are still shedding employees and closing stores in order to return to profitability. Although they are shedding employees at a slower rate than a couple of months ago, they are still shedding employees.

Although the stock market took a bump last week, the profitability is not built on increased sales.

Taxes will have to go up to pay for all these give-aways. Japanese tried the same thing in the 1980's and it took them 10 years of flat economic growth to figure out they had it wrong. Now we are following in their footsteps.

We still have a long ways to go before things look up.

As for me...I'm sitting on my wallet, paying off my house at an accelerated rate, and saving over 20% of my income. I'm getting ready for a double-whammy of higher taxes and double-digit inflation in 3-5 years.

Dave

aka

I bought a .44 mag and a 9 mil for backup.
Can always make a buck of some sort,,, but keeping it may become an issue.

mildew2":jkj01d2b said:
http://fredthompsonshow.com/premiumstream?dispid=320&headerDest=L3BnL2pzcC9tZWRpYS9mbGFzaHdlbGNvbWUuanNwP3BpZD03MzUxJnBsYXlsaXN0PXRydWUmY2hhcnR0eXBlPWNoYXJ0JmNoYXJ0SUQ9MzIwJnBsYXlsaXN0U2l6ZT01

Please listen to this...Very Scary.......A Fred Thompson interview

:shock: Kill the SOB now!!!!!!
Again,,, U.S. Gov't is being traitor to the American people!!!
Remember when the gov't was "for the people, by the people"?
Meaning they were to act in the best interest of what was good for the American citizens (not the almighty dollar for the wealthy).
Present day government is not!

Latest posts

Back