Is yamalube worth it?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WAJSKI":2tukz8q4 said:
I saw a offshore race boat with wal-mart oil stickers onit 3 mercs so I called the 800# on the wal-mart oil jug. I think it's Specialty oil in Louisana was very in formative, call them it will make you think( Yahm-Merc-Suzuki-Tohatsu ect-ect-ect make outboards not refine oil). I used only Wal-Mart in my 2 smokes after that call.

From a race perspective...we ran twin Merc 2.5L 300 hp 8500rpm race motors on offshore raceboats for a few years. They have basic fuel injection and are designed for premix anywhere from 30-1 to 50-1, depending on how the motors would have to be run...but they also get re ringed every 2-3 races to keep the compression numbers up.

We tried a lot of high-end brands, Amsoil, Klotz, etc, ran some for a season or two, and finally came back to the quicksilver premium plus. Product consistency was much better with this stuff, even when the high end manufacturers didn't want to believe it.

But I still like Yamalube for everything else, especially sine my marina now has it $56 for a 2.5 gal bottle!

Latest posts

Back