Jabsco Rule Pump

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rseate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A while back my Jabsco Rule Marine Tournament Series 1100 bait-well/raw water wash down pump went bad. I ordered the replacement cartridge and it works fine as far as pumping water. My problem is that anytime I’m in rough water it pops out of it’s housing. Just yesterday as I was heading back in and caught one rough wave which pitched the boat down kind of hard (nothing extreme) and the next thing I know my bilge pump comes on and starts pumping out water. Right away, I knew what it was. I know I could turn the seacock to the off position when I’m running but the cartridge shouldn’t be popping out. I’ve taken it out several times, made sure there was no debris in the locking ring and made sure it locks back into place when I put it back in. Has anyone changed these out to a different pump and if so what did you use?

I ordered the replacement cartridge

You already know the answer.....The latch is worn and not hooking correctly.....Buy a complete new pump. It's a safety thing.

Now Livewell pumps make good pumps for Livewell's but are not good washdowns....Yea I know.....some manufactures throught it was a great idea to give you a valve to turn and use the same pump as a washdown.

All the boats I plumb....Get a single intake.....Then a Dual Port Rule Livewell pump....Top port goes to livewell......The bottom port feeds water to a Jabsco Hotshot 5GPM -70PSI washdown pump. Thats how you make the system work really good.

You already know the answer.....The latch is worn and not hooking correctly.....Buy a complete new pump. It's a safety thing.

Now Livewell pumps make good pumps for Livewell's but are not good washdowns....Yea I know.....some manufactures throught it was a great idea to give you a valve to turn and use the same pump as a washdown.

All the boats I plumb....Get a single intake.....Then a Dual Port Rule Livewell pump....Top port goes to livewell......The bottom port feeds water to a Jabsco Hotshot 5GPM -70PSI washdown pump. Thats how you make the system work really good.

Thank you!

Back