just joined up non as yet Parker owner and Grady White fan

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfloyd4445

Reaction score
Hi.
I've always liked Parker's but never owned one. I've had everything else it seems like over the years < I'm 70 > except a Parker. Sold two of my boats last year and now only have two tin boats, a Wooldridge Alaskan and a jon boat i use on the creek crossing my farm. Since i sold my trawler i have been looking for a used trailerable boat made for blue water. I live on the west coast and there really dosen't seem to be much of a selection out here most boats i like are in Florida! I was leaning towards a boston whaler or a grady islander or sailfish but now its grady or Parker. I like the Parker 2830. Parker dosen't publish much information on there different models and sea trials with different engines seem almost non exsistant not at all like Grady.
I decided to join this forum cause i found myself here lots browsing learning from members whom seem very knowledgeable.

Wishing everyone a happy safe holiday season filled with great fishing days

B

Bryan 2530":2u175nob said:
My 2530 is for sale in the for sale section on this site.

I like the 2530 but no enclosed head. Still tempted love the layout

Somehow my mind has problem processing the words "trailerable boat" and "Parker 2830" when used in the same sentence ... haha!

To me, a 'trailerable boat' would be a deep-V hull within the 8'6" beam limit for towing WITHOUT special permits.

It's just me, I can't imagine towing a big girl like that, at 70 no less! God bless you for still going at it!

Here in this part of the east coast, boat discussions like these always include comparisons between both the Grady and the Parker brands.
Folks who know I own a Parker always ask me... why one over the other?

My reply has always been... they are both good boats.
The Grady is a cruising boat that fishes, and the Parker is a fishing boat that cruises.
The Grady's are finished a little nicer, and because of that (and name recognition), they command a higher price than a Parker of a similar size.

Of course you need to note that the newer Parkers have begun including more 'amenities' for the people who look for that in a boat.
If you don't like to deal with 'maintaining the fluffy stuff', the Parker is a good solid choice.

As for 'trailerable', that is another subject altogether.
Because of the way they are built, a Parker is no shrinking violet.
Even my 2520 (with a 9' 6" beam) goes an easy 8000# and would require a 10,000 trailer with good brakes, and a substantial tow vehicle if I was going to tow it any distance regularly.

Quality isn't lightweight.

Attachments

• 2520 at Hemmingways.jpg
    2520 at Hemmingways.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
Back