Just some odds and ends (pics)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing a flag pole. Thanks for the idea Kevin!

Attachments

• Flag1 (Medium).jpg
    Flag1 (Medium).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,906
  • Flag2 (Medium).jpg
    Flag2 (Medium).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,906
  • Flag3 (Medium).jpg
    Flag3 (Medium).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 1,785
Removed all the pin stripes and the large Parker logo on the side of the hull. I used a heat gun to get the decals off, cleaned up the adhesive with some acetone, wet sanded the slight ghosting away with 1000 grit, and polished and waxed it all with a buffer.

Attachments

• NoStripe1 (Medium).jpg
    NoStripe1 (Medium).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,897
  • NoStripe2 (Medium).jpg
    NoStripe2 (Medium).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,897
  • NoStripe4 (Medium).jpg
    NoStripe4 (Medium).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,897
And I picked up a few fancy Yeti coolers. These things are great!

Attachments

• Pic 105 (Medium).jpg
    Pic 105 (Medium).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,891
  • Pic 106 (Medium).jpg
    Pic 106 (Medium).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,891
I did some lighting upgrades as well, but I want to take some night pics. It started raining here, so maybe tomorrow.

I went back and got some pics of my spreaders.

I added some small clamshells over where the wires penetrate the pilothouse and the roof. I hated the way they were covered with just a blob of caulk. I used three clamshells per light.

The last two pics are without flash. You can see how much light the spreaders throw.

Attachments

• Spreader0 (Medium).jpg
    Spreader0 (Medium).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,863
  • Spreader1 (Medium).jpg
    Spreader1 (Medium).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,863
  • Spreader2 (Medium).jpg
    Spreader2 (Medium).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,863
  • Spreader3 (Medium).jpg
    Spreader3 (Medium).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,863
  • Spreader4 (Medium).jpg
    Spreader4 (Medium).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,863
  • Spreader7 (Medium).jpg
    Spreader7 (Medium).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,844
These small Hella lights are actually two lights in one. There is a SUPER bright white LED in the center, and a blue LED halo going around the light. Both are on seperate circuits. The white LED is wired to my spreader lights, and the blue LED is wired to my under-gunnel lights.

Attachments

• Hella1 (Medium).jpg
    Hella1 (Medium).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,856
  • Hella2 (Medium).jpg
    Hella2 (Medium).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,856
  • Hella3 (Medium).jpg
    Hella3 (Medium).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,856
  • Hella4 (Medium).jpg
    Hella4 (Medium).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,856
Here are my under-gunnel lights. There are six Acolyte 31" 50 LED tubes all together.

Attachments

• Gunnel3 (Medium).jpg
    Gunnel3 (Medium).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,851
  • Gunnel4 (Medium).jpg
    Gunnel4 (Medium).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,851
  • Gunnel5 (Medium).jpg
    Gunnel5 (Medium).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,851
I upgraded these hatches a while ago, just never got around to posting pics. The square hatch is made by Beckson. The hatch itself goes over the frame when closed. It's very difficult, if not impossible, for water to get in. The round hatches are Armstrong.

Attachments

• Hatch1 (Medium).jpg
    Hatch1 (Medium).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,848
  • Hatch2 (Medium).jpg
    Hatch2 (Medium).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,848
  • Hatch3 (Medium).jpg
    Hatch3 (Medium).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,848
Yo Dom boat looks great you did some hell of a job with it all!!!!Spreaders look awesome as well as cockpit lites and under gunnel lites great pics.Hey 1 pic looks like dog is doing #2 on that deck of yours!!!HaHaHa Boat looks great with out the pinstripes as well makes look so clean!!!

Awesome job!
Did the round lights fit right in? Or did you have to modify the opening?
If you don't mind me asking, what did the spreader lights and small round lights cost?
I'd love to convert all my lights to LED at some point.
I noticed the Yedi cooler looks exactly like the cooler I got from Boaters World. I'm not too impressed with mine. Take a close look at how the lid fits when latched down. I noticed mine doesnt have a complete seal, allowing cold air to escape. I bought some weatherstripping which should fix things, but not too happy after spending $$$ on the cooler. The Yedi looks like a newer , better version.
Again, nice job on the lights!

TunaJoe":vtitwgbz said:
Awesome job!
Did the round lights fit right in? Or did you have to modify the opening?

The round lights fit in the hole perfectly, no modification necessary. The screw hole pattern is different though. I filled the old holes with West System, and gel coated over them.

If you don't mind me asking, what did the spreader lights and small round lights cost? I'd love to convert all my lights to LED at some point.

ScarabChris modified my factory spreaders for $150.00 I believe. He is now designing a complete set, housings and all, for under $200.00. He’s almost ready to start selling them. I think he’s running tests on the plastic to make sure its UV stable before selling any.

Those small Hella spotlights are $100.00 each. Hella makes a different version that I actually had on my boat prior to these for $25.00 each. Both of these lights fit the hole perfectly. Here are both links to Hella’s main site.

http://www.hellamarine.com/?t=3&pcid=6

http://www.hellamarine.com/?t=3&pcid=169

Awesome job!
I noticed the Yedi cooler looks exactly like the cooler I got from Boaters World. I'm not too impressed with mine. Take a close look at how the lid fits when latched down. I noticed mine doesnt have a complete seal, allowing cold air to escape. I bought some weatherstripping which should fix things, but not too happy after spending $$$ on the cooler. The Yedi looks like a newer , better version.

Icey-Tek makes those coolers for BoatersWorld and for Yeti. Boatersworld sells them exactly as they come from the factory, just re-labeled as “Outerbanks Outfitters”. Yeti sells these as “Roughneck” coolers, and they actually tweak them a bit. They add rubber weather-stripping around the lid, and thick rubber strips on the bottom to prevent the cooler from sliding around.

My other cooler, the Yeti “Tundra”, is completely manufactured by Yeti. So are the “Sherpa” and “Fiberglass” models. The Tundra is nicer than the Roughneck in every way. I use the Roughneck for fish, and the Tundra is for food and beverages. The Tundra also serves as a bench.

Here is a pic of the Yeti Roughneck with the lid open. You can see the rubber weather-stripping around the lid.

Attachments

• YetiRoughneck55qt.jpg
    YetiRoughneck55qt.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,792
Wow ... if that work is indicative of your 'Odds & Ends' ... I can't wait to see you post a project!

:shock: Dom.......you've been busy. :shock:

As you know I like those naked boats......looks great.

Everything looks awesome. I need to modify my factory spreader over to LED.....will Chris do that for anyone or was that something special he did for you?

I've been researching the Yeti coolers. I have the same/similar bilge hatch (mine's a Beckson). The roughneck 150 cube style will do the trick......but does the cooler sit securely over the hatch and rest on it's own feet?

Like your new security system too......or is that the family pet? :p

grouperjim":314ephwa said:
Everything looks awesome. I need to modify my factory spreader over to LED.....will Chris do that for anyone or was that something special he did for you?

Chris will do that modification for anyone. If you really want to keep the stock spreaders, just send him an email. He did mine in a few days. [email protected]

This is a rough draft of the new lights he’s working on. They look really awesome. I’ll probably end up selling my spreaders and getting a set when they come out! LoL.
Dimensions - 5" X 2-1/8" x 1-1/2"

LEDspreader013.jpg

LEDspreader010.jpg

LEDspreader011.jpg

LEDspreader012.jpg

I've been researching the Yeti coolers. I have the same/similar bilge hatch (mine's a Beckson). The roughneck 150 cube style will do the trick......but does the cooler sit securely over the hatch and rest on it's own feet?

My hatch is Beckson too. This is it.
http://www.beckson.com/ht_5A.html

The “Roughneck” doesn’t have any feet. It has long rubber strips on the bottom to prevent it from sliding. You could probably add feet to it pretty easily though. The other Yeti models all have feet.

My cooler is a 65qt Tundra. The feet barely cleared the hatch lengthwise. I had to trim a bit off each one. As far as height, the “Tundra” cooler feet only raise it about a 1/4". My Beckson hatch is 1/2" high. I stuck two layers of SeaDeck to the cooler feet to raise it up high enough to clear the hatch. The cooler clears the hatch perfectly, and rests on its own feet.

Ryan at Yeti coolers is VERY helpful. He took all different kind of measurements for me, and even gave me the idea to use the SeaDeck. I’m sure he’ll help you figure out whats right for you. Also, McMaster sells all different types of rubber. They even sell rubber feet. I was looking around on their site, but I might leave that for the winter when I’m bored. For now, the SeaDeck is doing a great job!

Like your new security system too......or is that the family pet? :p

That’s my bulldog Dante. I took him to the boat last night to keep me company. I had a beer, he had some water. 8)

Looks great, where did you get the big hatch cover the one over your batterys , I have looked everywhere for that one and can not find , can you please post the place or link :)

Guys - I apologize if I am re-posting incorrectly. However, I did a search on flag poles and I very much like the pole being attached to the frame of the rod holders above the cabin. Any idea where I can get or what the name of this piece is that screws/bolts to the frame with the flag pole extending upward in the first picture from 96TL.

Thanks,
Larry

Back