Keel Guard Possible?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMUGMU

Reaction score
I have attached a picture of the keel. I just bought the boat and need to repair some minor keel scrapes. I would like to install and 3M keel guard but it doesn't look possible because of the profiles coming in to the keel. I do not know what they are called. I would appreciate the education. I am familiar with the term "chine" but not with the other profiles beneath the chine. Has anyone installed a keel guard on their Parker? Thanks in advance. Happy New Year

Attachments

• IMG_5413.JPG
    IMG_5413.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
You have a Deep V......it has 2 - "Strakes". Keel Guard is a Hit and miss propitiation. Some installs do well.....Some don't....Nothing worse than having one come halfway loose while underway.

following this thread.

i was planning to call around to a couple of parker dealers and see if anyone had any suggestions.

i “came in hot” a couple times last season and dinged mine too.

Attachments

• 8B76C787-8937-4148-B8BE-F2764453DE2D.jpeg
    8B76C787-8937-4148-B8BE-F2764453DE2D.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 44
following this thread.

i was planning to call around to a couple of parker dealers and see if anyone had any suggestions.

i “came in hot” a couple times last season and dinged mine too.
Please let me know what you find out. Happy New Year

got it. Would love to see a picture of how that was done

My 2320 had the keel guard on it when I bought it (used) in 2014. It was actually very strong, worked great, and never had any issues of peeling or anything. This is a picture from when I first bought it however I just sold it 3 weeks ago so I can't get an additional picture. I would definitely do some research on this site because I remember discussions about it years ago. You will have to zoom in

2320.jpg

My 2320 had the keel guard on it when I bought it (used) in 2014. It was actually very strong, worked great, and never had any issues of peeling or anything. This is a picture from when I first bought it however I just sold it 3 weeks ago so I can't get an additional picture. I would definitely do some research on this site because I remember discussions about it years ago. You will have to zoom in

View attachment 27248
That looks great. Looks like the guard was flexible enough to handle the contours. Many thanks for the pic!!

You have a Deep V......it has 2 - "Strakes". Keel Guard is a Hit and miss propitiation. Some installs do well.....Some don't....Nothing worse than having one come halfway loose while underway.
Strakes, now I have the correct name for them. Thanks

I solved my problem by adding a roller on the crossmember. Have not scraped the keel since. You may also want to have the setup of your trailer checked. When I see other 2320's on trailers, I realize my trailer was not setup correctly from day 1. Slowly I am making adjustments and its improving.

I used to do a lot of whitewater canoeing and installed a Kevlar keel shield using a smelly toxic resin. It's a relatively easy job on a canoe.
Here's a similar product that averts that toxic mess. I can't vouch for the the pre-applied adhesive in the product. Do your due diligence
about it and surface prep. Link : KeelShield Kevlar Keel Protector | Cabela's

1609859656884.png1609859656884.png

I solved my problem by adding a roller on the crossmember. Have not scraped the keel since. You may also want to have the setup of your trailer checked. When I see other 2320's on trailers, I realize my trailer was not setup correctly from day 1. Slowly I am making adjustments and its improving.
Prior owner must have hit something. It was never on a trailer until I bought it.

i made a custom overlay of diamond plate from the waterline up i'll be in the shop tomorrow shoot you a pic

I custom fabricated this also shot the hull with Marine Imron

Attachments

• IMG_4212.jpg
    IMG_4212.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 36
Back